Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need some expert advice on my swap! H22A1, USDM P13, bogs and bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some expert advice on my swap! H22A1, USDM P13, bogs and bucks

Hi all, this is my first post (Sorry if it ended up in the wrong place, I wasn't able to post in "Swaps"). I have a 93 CB7 (EX) 4Dr, built in USA. I grabbed a 92 prelude H22A1, and ended up having to go online for a P13 ECU since the wreckers didn't have any here. I have everything in running condition, ive double checked the timing belt and made sure it was installed in a counter clockwise fashion, the marks still line up however even as I play with the angle of the distributor , it just wont run right. I completely rebuilt this motor before swapping it in, I know there are no vaccum leaks or fuel delivery issues. My thoughts are : Is are something I missed - wiring wise? Perhaps the P13 ecu isn't a direct PnP and requires some wiring to be changed in order to idle properly? Also, I have deleted the FIV, Secondaries , unplugged the EGR, got rid of all my evap crap (No emissions in Alberta) and looped the "Deleted" vac lines coming out of the IM. I'm sure there have been many USDM H22 swaps with USDM P13 in a USDM CB7 …. I couldn't find much info for wiring other than how to add vtec… any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end with this project !

I think the place to start is figuring out; Pinout / locations on the factory accord harness, pinout for the USDM P13, and whatever changes that are required in order to run the motor with this harness and computer … I heard something about the heated O2 sensor being re-pinned to EGR? but my EGR isn't hooked up … so IDK :'C pls help, you will be rewarded with burnouts in your honor when I get the old girl finally running proper and off buddy's farm for good !
    Last edited by RabbittCB7; 04-30-2019, 06:11 PM.

Originally posted by RabbittCB7 View Post
    got rid of all my evap crap (No emissions in Alberta) and looped the "Deleted" vac lines coming out of the IM. I'm sure there have been many USDM H22 swaps
    i have tryed this delete and it ended up the same way . put it back and ran fine.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I know this isn't the same swap, but when I did my B16 in my CRX, I downloaded a complete pin detail of the ECU and checked continuity to every single sensor/plug and ground. I found two injector wires that were flip flopped in my harness and one other wire that had a weak signal that ended up the sheathing was worn down in a spot.
      Once I corrected those things, and I buttoned everything up, it fired right up.

Did you buy an adapter harness or did you move pins around on your stock harness?
      Run through the systems: Fuel, spark, timing and confirm they are all correct. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with the exact swap.

Comment

So what’s it doing exactly? And is it throwing any codes. Besides code 12? I ran a p13 on my H22a swap and never had an issue. You did the swap yourself?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I'm getting only two codes surprisingly. perhaps it hasn't run long enough to detect other faults. I have code 21 and 41, I haven't hooked up O2 yet cause I have to connect the prelude manifold to my accord exhaust still, and vtec isn't wired yet. I just added MAP and knock sensor, and no change. It runs very rich, sounds like its misfiring, and as you advance/retard the timing it either wants to high idle or just bog out and die completely.

I did the swap myself, no harness changes except for added wire for knock sensor.

Comment

You need to get the O2 sensor hooked up. This is how the computer determines how much or little fuel to feed to the engine. Without this critical piece of information it doesn't surprise me that the engine won't run right.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
              You need to get the O2 sensor hooked up. This is how the computer determines how much or little fuel to feed to the engine. Without this critical piece of information it doesn't surprise me that the engine won't run right.
              I thought for the first 5 mins until it reaches temp, it ignores the O2 signal and runs on the fuel map? I could be wrong. but I don't want to spend $300 on an exhaust header until its running properly. Sounds to me like a misfire? You could be right, I should find a way to hook it up

Comment

You could take it to a shop and have them weld an o2 bung in. Then you don’t need a new header to troubleshoot. It shouldn’t cost no where near 200.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

I am the shop lol, its way out on buddies farm and I don't want to drive it until it runs normal. If I can manage to bum a ride out there, I'm gonna try a cap and rotor today , and an ignitor if I can find one. is a B18C1 dizzy the same, can I use it for troubleshooting? I may also try the old PT3 and see if that makes any difference . . . I ordered a header on ebay for $130 shipped , I guess that's it for ideas on my end I hope I can get it running tonight , this build has been going on for 3 years I just want it to run right already so I can build boost and I'm also down a daily as my 97 ZJ broke a rod . . .

Comment

I know that OBD 0 (86-92ish) ecu's ignore the O2 sensor reading and run in open loop until the engine reaches a certain temp, OBD I (92+) ecu's use heated O2 sensors that read values immediately... not sure what you're running. I'm still new to the accord info. but I'm with Rilas, it needs to be there. That's a major player in the electronic side of operations. Good luck on the install of the newly acquired header.

Comment

No. you need to hook up the O2 sensor. No wonder i t won't idle correctly.
                      That is obviously why it is "rich". it is just dumping fuel because the
                      computer has no idea what the air fuel ratio is..

& with the EGR unplugged it is gonna run even more rich..
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Update

I have installed the new manifold and a 4 wire o2. I managed to clear every code except vtec, but it still wont run, or idle. You can give it some throttle to keep it alive but it misfires and backfires horribly, on both the P13 and PT3 computers. I checked the timing and did a valve adjustment, I have tried different rotations on the distributor with the ECU jumpered and no codes (on PT3 because it is non-vtec, but still a 2.2l with a slightly richer map) it still wont idle on its own and has a horrible random cylinder misfire. After "running" the motor for about 30 seconds I shut it off and when I took off the oil cap I could smell gas in the oil. It leanpops really bad and sounds kinda dangerously unsteady at 2000 rpm. I've changed my oil I think 4 times already since I rebuilt the block and head and I'm actually pretty upset with myself for not being able to figure this out

Comment

If the timing belt is correct, then it sounds like a firing issue. Have you confirmed that the spark plug wires are in the right order on the distributor?

Comment

I have the wires on the dizzy as;

w/ external coil. I'm starting to wonder if its a bad ground somewhere. Possibly not enough voltage to the ignition components because I smell a ton of raw gas, and freshly cleaned spark plugs will come out black again after a few seconds of running

Comment

Have you done a compression test? And not questioning you on your timing skills. As I recently put my timing 180 out and also 1 tooth off but you verified all the timing markers are lined up at #1 TDC? And that #1 is on the driver side not passenger side? Again not questioning you, I just did this on my built motor not even a month ago.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                              X