Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
    For the rear you gotta get this from a 92-93 EX-R Accord

Im selling the rear disc conversion for $140 with everything by the way.

Then you have to follow this...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16241
    Just a FYI but that picture is definitely not a picture of the rear trailing arms from a 92-93 Accord EX.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
      Just a FYI but that picture is definitely not a picture of the rear trailing arms from a 92-93 Accord EX.
      Nope.
      I just needed something quick cause that guy was obviously not getting it.

Comment

help

hey i have done it the all prelude way and i used the 5th gen axle for the drivers side but man my pass side axle looks like its over extended should i use another 5th gen driver side and put that on my pass side as well because it is a little longer?????? helppppp so that means i will have both sides using the 5th gen driver side axle

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecb7
          hey i have done it the all prelude way and i used the 5th gen axle for the drivers side but man my pass side axle looks like its over extended should i use another 5th gen driver side and put that on my pass side as well because it is a little longer?????? helppppp so that means i will have both sides using the 5th gen driver side axle
          you have to use the 4th gen axle. Fits perfect.
          did you swap the tie rod ends?

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
            you have to use the 4th gen axle. Fits perfect.
            did you swap the tie rod ends?
            check out my readers ride hell yeah i swapped the tie rods ill take a pic as soon as it comes back from the machine shop im telling you that for sure once i put that turbo to work its going to shear

Comment

I'm curious, has anyone tried doing this with 4th gen prelude stuff?

The knuckles are identical, but use 4 lug stuff that matchs what's on our accords already... that way if you've got some 4lug rims you're in love with, you can still use them. Plus, you can use non-vtec prelude stuff and still use 14" steelies and get rotor over hub for easy brake work.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92 View Post
                I'm curious, has anyone tried doing this with 4th gen prelude stuff?

The knuckles are identical, but use 4 lug stuff that matchs what's on our accords already... that way if you've got some 4lug rims you're in love with, you can still use them. Plus, you can use non-vtec prelude stuff and still use 14" steelies and get rotor over hub for easy brake work.
                I have a friend with a Prelude Si who I might snag front knuckles from....

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thanx dude this is wat i needes =]

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

OK scratch my prior questions...

Will a BB6 front crossmember bolt up to our car?

Also, if so, would using a BB6 front crossmember, LCAs and obviously knuckles put the front wheels at a weird angle/placement?

LMK!!!

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                      OK scratch my prior questions...

Will a BB6 front crossmember bolt up to our car?

Also, if so, would using a BB6 front crossmember, LCAs and obviously knuckles put the front wheels at a weird angle/placement?

LMK!!!
                      thats to much work to just go 5 lug!

Yaw, you just should do the enlarging of the accord LCA with SPC upper ball joint camber kit or go odyssey...

I know typesbaby's bf bought the full bb6 front crossmember and LCAs. I am not sure what he did with it.

maury

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                        thats to much work to just go 5 lug!

Yaw, you just should do the enlarging of the accord LCA with SPC upper ball joint camber kit or go odyssey...

I know typesbaby's bf bought the full bb6 front crossmember and LCAs. I am not sure what he did with it.

maury
                        Yep, enlarging the Accord hole will be the best deal, though with it out, it will be a good time to compare Accord & BB6 LCAs...

Comment

I can take pics of both LCAs tomorrow.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Just a heads up... when u go to get ur knuckles, the way to tell they're SH knuckles is that they have 2 LBJs.

However, all is not lost; if you get them for a good price the whole assembly is still useful.

Why?

BB6 base + SH bearings + hubs are the same. (Part # 30892)

BB4 knuckles accept BB6 hubs; in fact BB4 knuckles basically look the same as BB6 base knuckles (diff part #s, little differences like a balljoint cap on the BB4 knuckle & a knuckle "ring" on the BB4; might be on both though & just comes w/the BB6 knuckle)

BB6

BB4

Originally posted by warrick
                            Well I finally got the 5 bolt done. I ended up having to press out the 5 bolt hubs and press them back into the 4 bolt knuckles. As for the back I ended up having to purchase the rear calipers from a 5th gen for them to bolt up.

So ya just a heads up for anyone else doing this conversion. I will post pics in a couple of days.
                            Easiest easiest easiest easiest cheapest way though would just be to find some Odyssey hubs and bolt them up to the CB knuckle; for all the trouble I wish I had gone that route.

Comment

So we can use BB4 knuckles and have the ability to change out lower balljoints when needed then. Hmmm...

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

well in my process of doing this, I ended up with this tool:

same degree of taper as the prelude balljoint. I used the knuckles from a 99 prelude and used the tool to enlarge the LCA hole on my accord. It's a nice tight press fit like stock. Also, during my research, I ran across the part number for the bb6 lower ball joint : 51220-SL5-013. It's the same one they use on the later model Legends.
                                Last edited by 90accords; 12-08-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X