View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #65
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
RESURRECTION IN PROGRESS...

So has anyone effectively eliminated the excess wheel play that this mod introduces?
If you leave the following in the rack it will eliminate the excessive play left in the rack.

Here are the required parts to keep if you don't want excessive play in your steering wheel when converting to manual rack.

Valve not being removed. This valve has a slot in it which holds a pin on the bottom of the shaft with the gear on it. Here you can see the hole the pin sits in with the valve installed. I'm sorry for the shadow I took about 10 pictures and adjust lights but this is the best I got. Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to show here.

Valve installed in Valve Body with Pins and Spings 1 (In the picture it is installed upside down I apologize.)

Valve installed in Valve Body with Pins and Spings 2 (In the picture it is installed upside down I apologize.)

Pin on bottom of shaft matching up to the hole that is rests in. See how large the hole is in comparison to the pin? If you remove the valve that is pictured above that is how much play is left in the wheel. The pin has to move all the way across the hole and hit the far side before the wheels begin to turn. By leaving the valve in all play is removed.

Grease used for manual rack conversion

Manual Rack Completed 1

Manual Rack Completed 2
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote