INT: honda Prelude steering wheel conversion on 90-91 cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acefighter028 View Post
    I want to do this on my 92 but i dont really understand everything i need to do the swap. I know i need a resistor or to remove the bulb and to use washers but thats about it. All i have is the steering wheel. can i make this work?

I am aware it is unsafe to remove the airbag.
    If anyone can post about their airbag removal, I'd like to know how you swapped it all out as well. It just looks too sexy to pass up. It's such a nice little interior upgrade, especially for the price!

Also, great pics in here guys!!
    I <3 My Honda CB9!
    My Hondas
    1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
    1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
    2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
    2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
    1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
    1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

what about a 91 dx??

i was traying to install my steering and i dnt got no clue man.

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

For the DX, which is what I have, you need to still install the Prelude clock reel, a few washers as spacers and wire up your horn.

I made a DIY on it before the site crash, so it's gone now.

The Lude wheel is one of the best interior mods. I hate the stock CB steering wheels.
        Last edited by crazymikey; 02-25-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMasque View Post
          If anyone can post about their airbag removal, I'd like to know how you swapped it all out as well. It just looks too sexy to pass up. It's such a nice little interior upgrade, especially for the price!

Also, great pics in here guys!!
          Removing the airbag is simple. Disconnect your battery, and let the car sit for about 10-15 mins to discharge any electrical current. Sometimes tampering with the airbag can deploy it.

Remove your steering wheel, take the airbag out and there's like a long spirally ribbon thing. Pull it all out and anything connected to it.

Done it twice, but can't recall much detail on what exactly there is to remove. Just follow the parts and pull it apart til all the airbag stuff is gone. It's a pretty simple process. You need to remove the airbag before you can access the steering shaft nut anyways. Then you should be ready to swap in your Lude wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Removing the airbag is simple. Disconnect your battery, and let the car sit for about 10-15 mins to discharge any electrical current. Sometimes tampering with the airbag can deploy it.

Remove your steering wheel, take the airbag out and there's like a long spirally ribbon thing. Pull it all out and anything connected to it.

Done it twice, but can't recall much detail on what exactly there is to remove. Just follow the parts and pull it apart til all the airbag stuff is gone. It's a pretty simple process. You need to remove the airbag before you can access the steering shaft nut anyways. Then you should be ready to swap in your Lude wheel.
            Hey Mike do if the shafts from the abs to the none abs look the same or are they different? Am just wondering if the lude wheel will bolt up once the airbag unit is all out.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I do know there is a slight difference in the signal/wiper stalk housing that slips over the shaft, however it should not affect the installation of the Prelude reel.

I only noticed this when I had a 9091 switch unit & the 93 SE coupe one side by side on the table.

Once the airbag system is removed, I'd lead to believe everything would be a straightforward swap as a non airbag car. I didn't notice any differences with the steering shaft.

You're still left with having to wire up your horn & cruise control, but I see no reason why there would be any compatibility issues.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                I'm not 100% sure, but I do know there is a slight difference in the signal/wiper stalk housing that slips over the shaft, however it should not affect the installation of the Prelude reel.

I only noticed this when I had a 9091 switch unit & the 93 SE coupe one side by side on the table.

Once the airbag system is removed, I'd lead to believe everything would be a straightforward swap as a non airbag car. I didn't notice any differences with the steering shaft.

You're still left with having to wire up your horn & cruise control, but I see no reason why there would be any compatibility issues.
                Thanks man I will one day have to try it out and report back with the out come.

Comment

How Can I Do It For A 91 Dx Is Not The Same Help Will Be Nice Pm Me If You Can

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

You need to install the Prelude clock reel, then mount the wheel as normal.

That`s all there is to it.

Comment

sorry guys i kinda have been neglecting this thread for a few years now, but i cleaned up the first thread a bit to make it easier for future installations. i want to thank the members that have contributed to this thread too

Comment

Good stuff. Been a very helpful thread for many of us, including myself.

I've done 4 Lude wheel installs.

Comment

Put mine on yesterday love it. need to wire it up see if my horn even works.
                          Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by acefighter028 View Post
                            I want to do this on my 92 but i dont really understand everything i need to do the swap. I know i need a resistor or to remove the bulb and to use washers but thats about it. All i have is the steering wheel. can i make this work?

I am aware it is unsafe to remove the airbag.
                            to do it on your 92 follow my SRS to non SRS wheel DIY ( as far as wiring is concerned ).
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                              Put mine on yesterday love it. need to wire it up see if my horn even works.
                              Wow, you only just did this now? lol

Comment

Looks nice on 9091 cars. I tried to put in a 9293 it sits to close to the blinker handle.

Sitting in my basement for now =(
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X