Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Abs light on dash. Only when dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abs light on dash. Only when dry

The title kinda says it all. When the car/roads are wet the car drives normal with no issues. but when it's dry and the sun's out, the abs light comes on and you can feel the abs pumping working when you reach the end of the brake pedal travel.
    Admittedly it rains 86% of the time in England, but on those rare dry days, it's a tad annoying.
    Anyone one know of any common faults that could cause this?

Almost sounds like a sensor may be going out on you.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Okay cheers, do you know if there's a way to test sensors?
      As they are neither cheap nor common and I don't want to start throwing parts at it

Comment

unhook them and measure the resistance of each one. if one is different to others, its probably dead.
        before doing that i would "blink out" the ABS module after the light went on. to do that, bridge the pins on ECU check plug on the passenger side with the ignition turned off. after turning the ignition on , the alb light will blink out the error code. if thats not supported in your modelyear or region, the LED's are in the trunk directly on the alb control unit. if thats the case, just turn on the ignition and after 10 seconds, it will blink out the error code.
        i can provide the german workshop manual with a list of the error codes, you have to translate it yourself though.

there is a main-code and a sub-code. lets say the main code is 4 and the sub code is 4, the error for the rear left sensor is saved in the alb unit. you can start digging further from that point on.

Comment

Okay cool, thanks for that. I'll investigate the code next time it's dry.

Comment

i do have a similar issue currently though. after starting my car, ALB light comes on almost every time. after the car gets warm and i drove a few kilometers, it will go away after turning the car off and on again. issues that arent permanent are hard to track down sometimes and i havent found a solution yet.
            thats why i love my carbed cb3 - no anti locking brakes, no engine control light. easy maintenance. if that thing has air, oil, ignition, compression and fuel, it will run fine.

Comment

I know what you mean, I've had a couple of carbed cars, on of which was a MK3 prelude. Much easier to do diag on.

Comment

Hello Cb's

I had a similar issue with mine not to long ago with my abs pump the motor got gummed up and stopped building pressure but I found out how to pull the codes from the abs you can do one of two things bring the car to AutoZone they have abs testers Im pretty sure for free.

The way that I come was grabbing a wire from the garage and going to the passenger side of the car, pulling the right hand side kick panel off and there is a plug that isn't connected to anything.

That is how you're going to pull the codes take your wire and bridge the connecter.

You will put your key into the vehicle and turn it to position two and the will make it so the abs system flashes your code and it will repeat the code over and over.

You can find the code explanations here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=abs+code

good luck and hope you fix that pesky light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigttown7 View Post
                  That is how you're going to pull the codes take your wire and bridge the connecter.
                  thats only half true, at least if you count in models from different regions. i own a 90 CB3 (basically a 2.0l CB7) here in Germany and i cant use the kickpanel method. the ALB unit has 2 led's that show the error codes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzly92 View Post
                    thats only half true, at least if you count in models from different regions. i own a 90 CB3 (basically a 2.0l CB7) here in Germany and i cant use the kickpanel method. the ALB unit has 2 led's that show the error codes.
                    Well I apologize for the miss information for you I wasn’t aware you were located in Germany!! I’ll try it get some more information and upload if I find it? I’ve seriously never heard of an ALB on ABS

Comment

Working...
                    X