civic radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civic radiator

can you use a civic half radiator on an accord and still retain a/c? i was just wondering cuz i a picture of a cb7 with a civic half radiator...unless they make accord half radiators...

what does your ac have anything to do with the rad ?

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

I dunno if you can retain AC but you can try. If it doesnt work out you will know. What type of setup you goin with?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What I wonder is would a half radiator suffice to keep your engine cool enough for regular use let alone running the ac, even if you can get the lines to work out.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

eh... its pushy with oem radiators.. but with a dual core your fine... the civic boys with deuces run half sizes all day... as for ac? i doubt it... i want one... more room for turbo :P

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
            eh... its pushy with oem radiators.. but with a dual core your fine... the civic boys with deuces run half sizes all day... as for ac? i doubt it... i want one... more room for turbo :P
            Ahh yes forgot to mention the dual core. You run single core your gonna overheat all day. I think thats what iamanonymous had maybe. Anyway You can try mounting the fan on the condensor instead of the normal mount on the radiator since its half size.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it would be a good idea to get a dual core one, im running a oem civic one while it doesn't overheat the fans kick on to much since its the temps started getting hotter in tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                it would be a good idea to get a dual core one, im running a oem civic one while it doesn't overheat the fans kick on to much since its the temps started getting hotter in tx.
                yeah this tx heat is what I'm worrying about...
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

im going with a turbo set up but will a dual core fit in there with an h22 swapped in? i still want to retain ac though...

Comment

Old thread here getting bumped. I have the same issue. H22 turbo, kept a/c, overheats like mad on street driving. Has a Mishimoto half size radiator (dual core I think). Not sure where to go from here. Lil help oh guru's of the CB7?
                    Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                    Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Aftermarket D series radiators are dual core and the B series radiators are triple core.

Always go for the B series especially when going turbo. And maybe consider changing to an aftermarket thermostat and fan switch

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                        Aftermarket D series radiators are dual core and the B series radiators are triple core.

Always go for the B series especially when going turbo. And maybe consider changing to an aftermarket thermostat and fan switch
                        Refer here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189305

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X