lbus9168 : 1993 Accord Aerodeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    What about the $100 BB6 prelude! That's even crazier!
    Seriously! If I found deals like those, I wouldn't pass them up either!
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Whoa are you serious???!!!! That cheap?

It is not even rusted! They make you pay more up here in PA for rusted ones. It still has center caps.

What trim levels did you get down there in Australia? The same as US or Canada? Or other markets?

Did you make a DIY on the seat swap? I don't believe we got electric seats in US. I am very interested in this accessory? Or maybe it was OEM on certain trims?

Edit- If you want to make your pics smaller, go to the hosting site, (I use photobucket) and find your account options. It should give you an option to change the frames. It defaults around 1000 and I think I set mine to around 900 or 800. It just makes it easier for members to read and see what you have posted.

Comment

I prefer the larger sizes but I can change it if it makes it easier.

Rust isn't a problem here because we don't get snow. No snow = no salt sticking to car = no rust.

The seat swap is self explanatory.

There are four bolts holding the bottom of the seat to the seat rail, and three holding the back.

First you remove the plastic trim on both sides, on the recliner handle side, there are two screws, with one under a plastic trim part.

The other side on non power seat rails has a small plastic piece around the buckle, two screws. Power seat rail has that as well (slightly shaped differently) and then four screws on a larger trim piece underneath.

The reclining seat handle just pulls off (with force!)

Take that off.

Remove the four standard bolts for the seat bottom, and then it should pull out.

To remove the seat back, first take the bottom of the seat back from behind out. There are two different ways I've seen it done so far, the first one is two screws at the bottom, with the other being three plastic clips, similar to the plastic trim clips on the door skins.

Remove that, and then remove the plastic holder for the seat fabric, so that you can pull the fabric up enough and the foam up enough so you can access the two bolts. Undo those with a ratchet.

Then on the other side there is one 12mm. Undo that, And it will all come out.

Wiring wise you just need a ground and a constant +12v. I just connected it to my speaker amp, but you can do it however you'd like.

Its quite easy.

Yeah I like the wheels it comes with, I was thinking about cleaning them up and using them in place of my eurolines for daily driving, so that I can have a more aggressive fitment for car shows etc.

This car Is an EXI, I've never learnt much about trim levels as wagons here only came in one trim level, aerodeck.

The best trim.level we got is the 4WS models,

They have nearly an identical setup to the third gen prelude 4ws, including leather interior, and the seats are 6 way powered.

Up, down, forward, back, and seat back forward and back.

They're pretty cool, but very hard to find.

If I find them cheap I'll install those retaining my current interior as I really like the suede sort of fabric.
        Last edited by lbus9168; 02-23-2016, 02:52 PM.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Wooo.

Wooooooooo!

Still haven't set about pulling the trans out as I am busy wrecking the other car.

I'm also thinking about going with EDM fog lights, what do you fine people think?

Comment

Alright, just a minor update: everything back together!

I REALLY need to lower this car, that front wheel gap is absolutely huge. I'm sure it will go lower once the suspension settles (been in the air for a little over four months) but even still.

Oh well, off to clean the car.

Ive changed my mind's about a couple things since I got the car, so I'll e implementing those once it's registered again. Just needs one bolt that I broke (trans cooler, doh) and alot of a/t fluid.

Also, check the new sedan front!

Time for pics

And here's a sneaky pic of my Integra. Cf painted bonnet, recaro bucket seat, stripped interior, function and form type 1's, and is currently my daily.

Last edited by lbus9168; 06-28-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Definitely feeling the coupe/sedan bumper on the wagon, looks wicked awesome! Keep up the good work

Comment

So bit of an update. I bought a prelude steering wheel.

It's much nicer but I need a non4ws centre logo (if you want to trade message me!) I got the clock spring too.

Pics:

And here's the best purchase so far, airbags!can't wait to get an elevel.

If anyone wants to sell me an elevel kit message me
                Last edited by lbus9168; 07-20-2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I would so do airbags on a wagon! I can't on my current t wagon. But when I get my 2nd wagon I will!

You got the wagon running again?

Comment

It's at a point where it would be running, if it was registered and had ATF. I'm starting to gather parts for a manual swap anyway. I want something reliable. 24 year old auto's just don't have that reliability no matter what. Overtaking is better with a manual, too.

Comment

Yeah good point, I have spare parts and a trans if I ever need to convert my wagon to manual.

Will it be hard for you to find 5spd parts since you are rhd?

Comment

No not at all, I'll just use mainly 4th gen prelude parts (can buy a running f22 model for 200 with a free spare motor!)

Only hard thing to find might be the cluster, but they swap over left to right and that should be the only problem I have.

Comment

Cars back on the road! Even though the transmission has 40'000 more k's it feels alot better, it instantly goes into gear now whereas my old transmission would drop out when decelerating for corners. Only issue is that the front brake line has collapsed so the caliper is staying on (confirmed because I tried my spare prelude caliper and it did the same thing)

Just waiting for my braided lines to turn up and I'll be driving again!

Prelude wheel is wired up, took four washers. It was a breeze to install. Also, the seat belt buckle on accord seats here is smaller than normal ones so I used a spare 4th gen prelude buckle that I had spare, it worked but it's not as long so it's slightly harder to buckle my seat. No big deal as I'm not a big dude.

Just need to adjust the cable on it as it has a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd, and then drop and replace the oil as I've got lots of spare ATF to do the 3x3 method.

The car always used to jerk sometimes under braking so hopefully the new lines fix that!

Comment

It has been a long while for me on the forum but your car looks great. I love the sedan bumper and swapped lude steering wheel. I can not believe how clean those cars are that you are finding for dirt cheap. The sedan looks way better than half the Accords I see in philly.

Hope you get the brake line figured out and also get the car registered! Does your country make you have the car inspected for emissions or safety before putting it back on the road?

Here in the states some states have both(emission and safety) while others like Florida never make you bring it back for either.

Comment

Most states in Australia do require that, but not my state, which is awesome! The braided lines should be here tomorrow, I suspect that may of contributed to the original transmission failing, I'm sure the brakes constantly being on one wheel would wear the auto clutches out.

Comment

Oh getting close to driving it more. I like the progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X