first big event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first big event

Hello seasoned racers. I am seriously contemplating signing up for my first real racing event. It is a hillclimb up bogus basin road here in boise Idaho.

And well I am sort of being a little bitch about signing up for it. I always thought that my first non drag strip event would be autox but here I am seriously contemplating entering.

I know I wouldn't do great, but I know the road very well, and I feel my car is setup much better for a road race than autox.

Anyway there are some pretty big players from around here who are doing it, and I am for some reason, other than the $100 entry fee being hesitant about entering, so I made this thread for what will hopefully be some encouragement.

Go ahead talk me into it.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

It would be better to start with autoX or a non times track weekend with an instructor bofore doing a hill climb. I consider auto x to be perfectly safe but something could happen on a hill climb or on a track and you need to be ready to lose the car before you turn a wheel there.

That said they are great fun, legal, way for you to go fast. Once you start you are unlikely to want to stop.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Well, what's gonna convince you?

Experience is experience, and that sounds like a challenge.

Honestly, if I was you, I would do it. Period.

If you get into some hairy shit, take it slow and easy.

Man that sounds like some fun.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
        Hello seasoned racers. I am seriously contemplating signing up for my first real racing event. It is a hillclimb up bogus basin road here in boise Idaho.

And well I am sort of being a little bitch about signing up for it. I always thought that my first non drag strip event would be autox but here I am seriously contemplating entering.

I know I wouldn't do great, but I know the road very well, and I feel my car is setup much better for a road race than autox.

Anyway there are some pretty big players from around here who are doing it, and I am for some reason, other than the $100 entry fee being hesitant about entering, so I made this thread for what will hopefully be some encouragement.

Go ahead talk me into it.

Stop being a bitch and do it! I would, but my suspension isn't up to the punishment.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Karl, I highly value your opinion on such matters, especially considering your accomplishments. That is why I posted that i always thought I would be doing autox first.

I do however drive this road quite spiritualy at least once a week, and am quite comfortable doing so in my cb

Well I will keep an eye on the sign up thread, I have a few days until pre registration ends.

Thanks guys.

Dj, are you going to watch, I was out of town last year, so I missed it, I also missed freeze the point both years for the same reason. Let me know if you plan on going, and do you have an ims account yet?

Comment

Karl, I highly value your opinion on such matters, especially considering your accomplishments. That is why I posted that i always thought I would be doing autox first.

I do however drive this road quite spiritualy at least once a week, and am quite comfortable doing so in my cb

Well I will keep an eye on the sign up thread, I have a few days until pre registration ends.

Thanks guys.

Dj, are you going to watch, I was out of town last year, so I missed it, I also missed freeze the point both years for the same reason. Let me know if you plan on going, and do you have an ims account yet?
            I don't know anything about it, I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. And yes I do have an ims account, lol, we are friends on there...

Comment

Oh lol, I am bad with names in person, not to mention user names.

It also turns out that Utah pace is the same weekend. So I am now trying to see who is going where. I need to read the pace thread and see if they ate doing a track day. If they are, I may end up there instead, especially if the big boys show up to do a dyno off. I am expecting the evo crowd to head down there because they are doing an at event awd hub dyno. I want to see what Jake puts down.

Anyway, off topic, sorry.

Comment

Oh lol, I am bad with names in person, not to mention user names.
                ...., I have the same username there as well.....LOL. Its all good, Im not hating. When is the Bogus thing going on?

Comment

You should definetly do the race. Just realize it is your first time. Go out, take it easy, and make sure you cross the finish line.

Me and a group of 3 other guys who had never, raced, carted or even autocrossed. Put a car together for Chumpcar. We have now done 2 races as a team and planning another 3-4 next year. It has been incredible fun.

I bet everybody at your event will be postive and encouraging. They all had a first time too. Go for it, you will love the experience.
                  We are "Slow and Reckless Racing", LIKE us on Facebook to keep up with our progress.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sl...03065806427543

Comment

Working...
                  X