Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you get in an eBay head gasket kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you get in an eBay head gasket kit.

This is what I got in the mail today. It is a head gasket kit from eBay. I got it for just $36 when it was on sell. It has all the gaskets I need for the top end of the engine. I thought I would share with you all since there is a lot of questions on this kit and I will let you all know how well it works out.

Heres the link for the exact kit I bought.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260773262338...84.m1497.l2649

Heres how it came in the mail.

Whats in it.

Heres a video on everything and comparing the new head gasket to the old one.

We got one of these for my friends civic, it worked fine and the cars still running good.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Wimp go low or go home haha
    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
    Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

I think it will work fine too after I compared the 2 head gaskets. I just cant beat $36 for what I got. Lol

Comment

I've hear everything, but the HG is great.I bought a kit close to this but i will be using a 3 layer felpro these kits are 5 layer HG's.Good luck have that head trued up if need be and check you're block for warping with a straight edge.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

That's one sweet deal! Thanks for posting the link to the same kit

Comment

I had a not so good experience with this kit. Same materials but a different car. Had it on my 2.4L Neon cause funding became an issue on the last of the stuff I needed. All those fibrous gaskets are absolute shit. They fall apart as soon as liquid touches them and then you end up with a not so tight seal between your components. And the head gasket didn't hold up to 10:1 compressing, 55 shot, and ARP studs properly torqued on break in. You'll also have to re torque down the bolts on you exhaust manifold every other week for about a month or it will leak. was a PITA on my Neon because the exhaust was buried in the back of the engine bay. That's all I have for complaints. Hope you have better luck.
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I have always re-used the Honda exhaust manifold gasket without issue.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I just bought one of these also. I guess the one thing I don't like about the packaging is that it's not totally obvious which seal goes where. With Honda stuff it's all individually wrapped so you can cross reference part numbers to see what it is. With this I'm just going to have to take something off, look for the one that most closely matches it, and hope it works. I only bought this to get this motor running for a little bit though. I have no intention to run this motor for even 50,000 miles. Though I'm sure this gasket set and others would hold on if you were able to match them up properly to their intended location. When I get some time to start replacing seals on mine I'll try to compile a list of pictures with descriptions to help others out in the future with this. Unless of course that already exists somewhere.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                  And the head gasket didn't hold up to 10:1 compressing, 55 shot, and ARP studs properly torqued on break in.
                  are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    I just bought one of these also. I guess the one thing I don't like about the packaging is that it's not totally obvious which seal goes where. With Honda stuff it's all individually wrapped so you can cross reference part numbers to see what it is. With this I'm just going to have to take something off, look for the one that most closely matches it, and hope it works. I only bought this to get this motor running for a little bit though. I have no intention to run this motor for even 50,000 miles. Though I'm sure this gasket set and others would hold on if you were able to match them up properly to their intended location. When I get some time to start replacing seals on mine I'll try to compile a list of pictures with descriptions to help others out in the future with this. Unless of course that already exists somewhere.
                    Yea that the only problem with this kit. I was able to match the gaskets up just fine tho. Im very happy with the kit. Nightmare runs great now. I ordered another kit for the wagon so I will have updates on it soon.

Heres the first start up of Nightmare with this kit. Dont mind the tapping, its just the rockers cus the cam wasnt broke in yet. After the cam was broke back in I readjusted the valves and topped off the fluids, everything is great now.

Ill make another video on how smooth it runs now that it has some miles on it.

Comment

I had my doubts about those ebay junks. But I used them in 3 built motors so far. One is a integra running a solid 12.4, the other is a off roading toyota pickup truck, and the other one is just a regular honda motor.

I was impressed. Though the valve cover gaskets, id probably go get a better brand (at least in my kits they wernt that great).
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I used that same one on my old cd5 when I did a f22a head swap. Its good.
                        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

@Accordztech

I bought OEM Honda for the valve cover gasket and when I got my motor from DA9B16 (Lee) he gave me a Beck & Arnley also. So I'm covered there. I have the same sentiment toward those valve cover gaskets. I may put the crappy one on there for a bit to break it in for a few miles and then open it up to check things out and readjust the valves. Then put the OEM one on.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The only thing idk if I would use would be the valve seals.
                            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

i usually always go with supertech valve seals.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X