Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ON THIS SITE, READ THIS! It's time to take action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is cool, hope it helps people getting scammed!

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Thanks for taking your time for doing this. Unfortunately, its been a long time i've got scammed and i didnt know that i needed to keep all of these infos. I'll try to get some infos but i think it wont be enough... Sucks to get scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
        Thanks for taking your time for doing this. Unfortunately, its been a long time i've got scammed and i didnt know that i needed to keep all of these infos. I'll try to get some infos but i think it wont be enough... Sucks to get scammed.
        You were one of the people I was hoping to contribute. I did tell you even back then that something would be done, and that you should hold on to everything. International fraud would certainly make it a MUCH heavier charge against at least one of the known scammers.

Comment

Mike, make this an announcement for at least 1 month.

That way everybody will read it, because it is the only way to make the "Yellow Speaker" disappear by reading the announcement.

Also make sure it is done as an announcement for all sections.
          If you like I will set it up for you.

I will now proceed to add this into the rules section as well.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Good thinking.
            I actually ignore the stickies and announcements myself (mainly because I've written or reviewed all of them ) but that's a good idea. I'm heading to bed right now, so I'll do it in the morning. If you feel like doing it now, you are certainly welcome to do so!

Comment

People really get scammed on here? I guess I'm ignorant when it comes to this.

It's not cool hearing this happen.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Changed the text slightly, Hopefully it should get the message across all of our members quicker.

Once again, Thankyou to everybody from CB7Tuner Staff.

And I guess I'm no longer on holiday now

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

happened to me once

i'll chalk that one up to noobness and ignorance
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

It's not common, but there are a couple people that have made a hobby of it. They seem to think that my "i don't want to hear about it" attitude toward scamming means they can do whatever they want with no consequences... but that's far from the truth. The consequences are very real.

Comment

I must say I haven't heard much of it, so I have to applaud the members scammed for being mature and NOT plastering the forum with it.

I think not to long ago an OG made a thread but that was it.

This is a great idea!

Comment

That's because when people post about being scammed, calling out the scammer, they get banned and the thread gets deleted.

Comment

yes it does suck being scammed, now i have someone to report to if it happens again. (lynch mob).
                          (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Not every issue is going to have something done about it. Only in situations where there is a definite pattern. If it's an isolated incident, you're out of luck. I'm not going to be stepping in to attempt to resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              You were one of the people I was hoping to contribute. I did tell you even back then that something would be done, and that you should hold on to everything. International fraud would certainly make it a MUCH heavier charge against at least one of the known scammers.
                              yea but like i told you in one of the messages we exchanged, he didnt gave me any informations about him. Only thing i saw was is wheird ID on paypal

Comment

That alone could help.

If you don't have everything, send what you have. The more scams we can tie to a single person, the greater the chance something can be done about it... and the more severe the penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X