This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
    read through a couple threads after a i did some hardcore searching lol here is what i came up with...

CL hubs
    Prelude VTEC caliper and bracket with corresponding rotor and pad

the way i read it is that those rotors are bigger at 11.1" compared to our 10.2ish, the caliper is bigger, the bracket will bolt up fine, and also i get rid if HOR and now am ROH.

please someone correct me if im wrong. also, will the stock accord brake lines work?
    yes stock accord brake line will work. im did the say way as you mentioned above. heres what im going to get

future: [front]powerslot rotors with hawk brake pads...prelude vtec
    current: [rear]powerslot rotors with ebc greens....already have them

Comment

If u get Powerslots/Brembos in the stock 10.2" size w/quality pads is there really a marked difference in braking compared to the 11"s???? I just ask cause I remember my friends' Nissans w/stock size Brembos had CRAZY braking power just by switching rotors and pads.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

bigger is better, even if its 1" bigger. yea ur right glory also

Comment

thanks oneoff...quick question though for you...

ur rears are stockers right? just the accord ex rear discs/calipers?

my plans are unless i change my mind and go 5 lug is...

FRONT: CL Hubs, Prelude VTEC (92-96) Calipers/Brackets, EBC Green VTEC pads, and EBC rotors

REAR: Stock EX Conversion with EBC Pads and Rotors.

Then I should have good rotors meaning ROH, and the 1" bigger rotors up front. Think I will change to S/S lines to help with braking power.

I have also read this whole VTEC Brake master cylinder, but from what ive read it wont fit the LX correct? something about the hardlines I believe. It would be great if CPMike came in here and chimed in. I know he knows his stuff on this.

Again, OneOff, I appreciate all the help. I just put new rotors/pads on, but this will be next in line as soon as I get everything else outta the way (performance).

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

ok sry to bring back the dead here but i didnt wanna make another thread... i read through most of this thread so im just tring to upgrade my rotors and pads cuz i have a really bad brake fade and my steering wheel wobbles very bad when i apply the brakes...

So my question is this.. what would be the cheapest conversion to ROH while also getting a bigger disc while still bolting up perfectly to the stock knuckle.. Prelude? or acura CL?

8 Accords so far:
            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I've read that drilled rotors tend to crack and blanks are better. well my 90 lx is a daily driver/commuter with a racing addiction (street and the occasional trip to the strip). my experience with blanks lead me to the drilled rotors. Living in New Mexico summer days get pretty hot and so does the asphalt. boiling brake fluid doesn't take much in 100 degree weather. the point of this is all that my blank rotors developed heat/stress fractures, had scorch marks, and tended to have alot of fade after a few fast red light stops. I'd post pics but i changed the pads after the old ones wore down part of the rotor and the new pads are slowly resurfacing the rotor. Yes i know cheap, slacker ass, and probably a poor idea but hey....it works for the mean tiime.

ok so i bought the big brake kit from TASauto. it came with CL hubs and bearings, 23T brackets, 15V (VTEC) calipers, 11.1'' cross drilled rotors, an extra set of brackets, HAWK pads. I also went ahead got a set of SS brake lines while i was at it. for the full set up it was $879 including shipping.

i can't say how it performs because i'm putting them on my 91 ex (in the garage on jackstands waiting for two more engine mounts and new hoses/fluids.) but just comparing the two setups is so drastic. the stock assembly looks so small and feeble next to the bigger rotor and caliper. i'll post pics after work.

and now i have a question....

For the swap (those who have done it that) does the backing plate behind the rotor need to be modified to fit the larger rotor?
              90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
              91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

just wondering would the prelude v-tec calipers work with the AEM big brake rotor upgrade?...here's a link to the kit

http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODABBK/

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by frohawker View Post
                  ok so i bought the big brake kit from TASauto. it came with CL hubs and bearings, 23T brackets, 15V (VTEC) calipers, 11.1'' cross drilled rotors, an extra set of brackets, HAWK pads. I also went ahead got a set of SS brake lines while i was at it. for the full set up it was $879 including shipping.

and now i have a question....

For the swap (those who have done it that) does the backing plate behind the rotor need to be modified to fit the larger rotor?
                  i think the set up you have is just fine. i wouldve went with Power Slot rotors instead of cross drilled but with the price that you got everything for is worth it. and to answer your question above i say just take it off no need to keep it on there.

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                    thanks oneoff...quick question though for you...

ur rears are stockers right? just the accord ex rear discs/calipers?

my plans are unless i change my mind and go 5 lug is...

FRONT: CL Hubs, Prelude VTEC (92-96) Calipers/Brackets, EBC Green VTEC pads, and EBC rotors

REAR: Stock EX Conversion with EBC Pads and Rotors.

Then I should have good rotors meaning ROH, and the 1" bigger rotors up front. Think I will change to S/S lines to help with braking power.

I have also read this whole VTEC Brake master cylinder, but from what ive read it wont fit the LX correct? something about the hardlines I believe. It would be great if CPMike came in here and chimed in. I know he knows his stuff on this.

Again, OneOff, I appreciate all the help. I just put new rotors/pads on, but this will be next in line as soon as I get everything else outta the way (performance).
                    i do have stock size in the rear. They are Power Slot rotors, EBC greens and custom one-piece stainless braided brake line. If you decided to go with a VTEC brake master you will have to do what CP Mike did. you will have to reflare the front or rear line at the master. its 12mm instead of the commen 10mm.

Comment

11.1" rotor over the stock hub, rotor, and caliper

top view

stock rotor and assembly
                      90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                      91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

^ this is y i love cb7tuner.com and its community haha ^
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

will the 99 cl hubs affect the abs in my 92?

would i need to take the abs ring and replace it with the accords?

Thanks!

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                          DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Time for me to do my rotors. I'm gonna do the Acura hub swap, but I've also seen people mention other hubs here, which ones are the best? Also, which calipers are really good? I saw Legend, NSX, CRV, and Prelude calipers suggested but which are the best? I think I'm going to go with the Prelude calipers, but does it have to be from a 95 si or from any 92-96 Prelude? And do those calipers need rotors from the same car or are the 90-97 wagon rotors better or worse?

Also, if I upgrade calipers, nobody's mentioned it yet, but should the brake booster be upgraded? It's probably not necessary, but is it a good idea? Also, the brake lines, would it be a good idea to upgrade them to stainless steel? I'm sure the factory ones would work, but wouldn't upgrading to stainless be good if I use bigger calipers?

Edit: From what I can tell, the vtec and non-vtec preludes have different rotors and calipers, so would I just need the calipers and rotors for a vtec if I did the prelude calipers?
                            Last edited by Sarthos; 09-18-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I know 93 prelude vtec calipers = 91-97 Accord wagon calipers. They also use the same pads. As far as ex models go, the sedans and wagons use the same MBC.

Comment

Does it require changing the master brake cylinder to put in new calipers?

Also, I read somewhere that because I have 4 wheel discs I have slightly different wheel bearings, is that true?
                                But parts needed for swap would be
                                91-97 accord wagon or 92-96 prelude vtec calipers pads and rotors
                                Acura CL hubs
                                Accord bearings
                                Any differences in what has to be done to the front or rear?

Okay, I've been trying to look on ebay for wheel hubs and wheel bearings and I'm completely confused. They label both of them as the exact same thing. Could somebody help me with this, I'm kinda lost on trying to figure out which is which. Also, can I keep my rims and tires with the swap? I heard the Acura hub uses 5 lug wheels instead of 4?
                                Last edited by Sarthos; 09-20-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X