Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan Racing

been looking at coilover kits, trying to stay away from the cheap ebay ones. I just want the car to be lower, then put it back to stock height in the winter, so I figured coilovers were the best option. as far as brands, I know its "you get what you pay for" but has anyone put the Megan Racing EZ Steet set on their cb7? is it easy? do you like it? good quality?

how about anything from Megan Racing? control, toe, camber arms? exhaust? strut tower?

ifanyone has put on megan racing parts on their car, let me know what you think!

thanks

I think the only item from Megan racing that won't let you down is one of their shift knobs. I definitely wouldn't trust their suspension parts. The only brands you should be looking at for springs are companies who only produce springs. Eibach or H&R for example.

In terms of shocks, KYB, Koni, or Bilstein are probably your best choices.

I foresee one of Deev's safety speeches here before too long.

Comment

I agree with rusty here, except I run their muffler which it’s a muffler no safety issues other than loud noises and some smell. If you looking for coilovers Ground control with koni yellows is ideal. I personally have never ran coil overs, but ground control seems to be the favorite. If your looking for spring/strut set up I recommend koni yellows/ with neuspeed sports spring. I’ve been running it for years and love it.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I figured coilovers were my best option since I wanna be able to raise it back up for winter. I also noticed tein has a pretty affordable set, just not as many options.

Comment

You don’t really need options. Just one good set. Tein is a quality manufacturer. The Koni/GroundControl setup mentioned is also fantastic. Megan Racing is knockoff junk, like 90&#37; of the full coilovers on the market these days. Stay away from that type of stuff for anything that your life depends on (suspension, brakes, tires...) cheap out on anything but the crucial safety parts!

Just remember that every time you adjust your car’s height, you should get an alignment. If you go that route, look for a shop that offers a lifetime alignment package. Firestone used to offer such a thing for $200. It’s well worth it if you’re going to be messing with your ride height a couple times a year.

Comment

so the ground control coilover springs on koni yellow shocks? that will still give me the height adjustment I want for different seasons?

also yeah getting an alignment everytime I raise/lower makes sense. good thinking!

Comment

No, theyre talking about replacing your stock shock and springs with ones that will lower your car at one set height. They arent adjustable. But Tien does make pretty decent coilovers for a good price in my opinion.

Comment

probs gonna go with the tein street advance set with adj dampening. thanks everyone for the thoughts and input. greatly appreciated. hopefully the car will sit lower this spring or summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick View Post
                  No, theyre talking about replacing your stock shock and springs with ones that will lower your car at one set height. They arent adjustable. But Tien does make pretty decent coilovers for a good price in my opinion.
                  Not sure where you read this? Coil overs allow you to adjust your ride height with the tools they provide. The set up I mentioned of koni yellows with neuspeed sport springs will do what you said. But the ground control with koni yellows allows multiple settings
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Unless your racing this thing on track then I would recommend the skunk2’s. Cheap reliable, warranted, there low and they are An amazing feel if you are going from either oem or just from blown out struts. You’ll be happy

Comment

Skunk2 suspension components are no better than generic “eBay” crap. They are so bad they are borderline dangerous.

Daily driving require higher quality suspension than a dedicated track toy, not lower.

Comment

Only good skunk 2 setup for our cars is their shocks with the progressive rate springs they sell. The coilover sleeves are not matched to the shocks they sell. Mine blew out after a few years and fucked my back up from the absolutely garage ride they had, worst purchase I ever made on my cb7. I let junk yard take them with the shell when I got ride of my car at the end of last year, wasn't going to sell them to anyone.

My unpopular opinion is that megan racing is perfectly fine quality wise. I have used plenty of their products never had any failures or felt the quality was low/subpar. I have also heard great things about Yonaka coilovers. they are even cheaper but reviews on them are all solid.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I wouldn’t trust any suspension components that aren’t designed, manufactured, and tested by a legitimate suspension company.
                          If you can’t find out where their factory is located by a simple google search or email, I suggest staying away. Your life rides on your suspension.

Megan Racing is fine for stuff that isn’t safety related. Strut tower braces, headers, exhausts... but suspension is questionable.
                          Still, Megan racing and yonaka are probably higher on the quality list than the true garbage, such as emusa or raceland

Comment

be aware that the market is saturated with counterfeit TEIN's also.

Comment

Very true. Tein used to have info on their website showing how to identify knockoffs. Not sure if they still do (I didn’t see it just now, but I didn’t look very long.)

Comment

Working...
                              X