Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

G22 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just added a 60 a/r 63 trim turbonetics to my list...lol
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
      I grinded down some hex head bolts and literally slammed them down into the two unnessary head drain ports....the gasket I used fit perfect with the ports and also helped cover the un-needed drain ports

What do you mean when you are talking about slamming the hex bolts into the unused ports? I am very unclear on what you did.

Comment

I got some headless screws and grind the edges off because they were to big...but i left enough to use an adjuster tool (hammer) for a tight fit...then I slammed headless screws into the un-need drain holes
        tsx retrofit
        f22b dohc boosted
        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

even with gray rtv filling up the gap my old motor seeped oil after a while and made my block dirty as hell. The new motor is going to have matching head and block ports....

Did you jam it into the block or head? got any pics?
          spin city

Comment

I hammered them into the head.....

I finally got my engine aligned in the bay...
            94 tranny, g22, f22 mounts all around including 90-93 manual bracket...I just tapped the new required holes for the 90-93 tranny mount..and everything works great
            tsx retrofit
            f22b dohc boosted
            custom gauges pods

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
              I hammered them into the head.....
              thats gonna leak unless you used a epoxy or something to seal them.

the preferred method is to tap the holes in the head with a pipe tap and buy 2 hex head pipe plugs and seal them into the head with hondabond or the like....

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

I used high temp silicone around the bolt before I slammed them in
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

alright guys...I have started the engine at it runs great....now I just have to finish fab up the exhaust system then I'm tune with crome
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Comment

Tuned in for results!
                    spin city

Comment

I love the G22 when done right, it is a great and very powerful motor. I am also tuned in for this build!
                      No fat dudes, car will scrape. Katie

Comment

alright guys...I had a major oil problem...since this was my first time doing an engine...I didn't do the valve seals correctly...so oil leak into the intake manifold runners and exhaust manifold and piston area...I'm about to send it to the machine shop to have it redone...till then...I'm going to order a new headgasket...and I'm actually using the h23a headgasket which works perfectly with the f22b to h22a4..I have to look at the t4/t3 to because it doesn't spin freely with the idle exhaust air...but If I put my hand to turn the wheel...it feels smooth with minor touching
                        tsx retrofit
                        f22b dohc boosted
                        custom gauges pods

Comment

that really blows. Its no fun pulling something apart you already built.
                          spin city

Comment

yeah...I'm a pro now...I pullled it twice
                            ...one to realize I had the headgasket in the wrong direction that two for the valve seals
                            ..everything else works great though..and I fixed all but one leak...the oil pan has a hair pin leak...WELDDD..lol

I'm about to put up some more pictures

I was surpise to see how quick the engine start on that p30 map with h22 map numbers...I followed the xencron crome map setup and it worked like a charm
                            tsx retrofit
                            f22b dohc boosted
                            custom gauges pods

Comment

new photos added
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

I got the head back from the shop...now i shall continue
                                tsx retrofit
                                f22b dohc boosted
                                custom gauges pods

Comment

Working...
                                X