Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    The real bra has them to keep it from flapping around

No need for them if its painted on. Although i think its the coolest part of the bra.
    Agreed. They are like little sights on your hood haha

Click For MRT

Comment

nice man i want to try it
      back at it again

Comment

I gotta ask...why?

You painted half your hood to look cool? I mean, I get that you can remove plastidip, but seriously?

You'll have a nice sunburn line when you do remove it, and eventually it's going to start to chip off and look horrible.

Either buy a real one for occasional use if you think it looks cool, or get some clear bra material for protection. I had a nose mask in high school way back in the day, so I get the allure, but I'm just not getting why you want to paint half your hood.

I don't mean to be critical, but I kinda put it up there with people painting their hood flat black just because.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          I gotta ask...why?

You painted half your hood to look cool? I mean, I get that you can remove plastidip, but seriously?

You'll have a nice sunburn line when you do remove it, and eventually it's going to start to chip off and look horrible.

Either buy a real one for occasional use if you think it looks cool, or get some clear bra material for protection. I had a nose mask in high school way back in the day, so I get the allure, but I'm just not getting why you want to paint half your hood.

I don't mean to be critical, but I kinda put it up there with people painting their hood flat black just because.
          I tried this because i seen on the 240 forums that somebody had plastidip the whole car and it came out nice.So i though,why not? my paint on my hood is near the end of it life anyway right along with the rest of the car.so i took a chance.But like i posted earlier i have a bug guard so this was only a temp thing.I would love to get a original accord bra but theres nobody really selling them around and when i did find a few ,they wanted hella money for them.Im not going to spend what they were asking just to slap it on until i want something else.besides im getting a new paint job during the summer so im not really worried about it.

Comment

Have to give the guy respect for trying to be creative.

Comment

nice thats custom never seen that before

Comment

Hey,
                Don't they have the clear spray also? What you guys think about the clear spray? Are those 11oz cans you bought?
                Also, how well does it hold up in weather?

Thanks.

Comment

can you paint over plastidip?
                  RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                    Hey,
                    Don't they have the clear spray also? What you guys think about the clear spray? Are those 11oz cans you bought?
                    Also, how well does it hold up in weather?

Thanks.
                    I read online that they do have a clear spray.so far its held up good

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
                    can you paint over plastidip?
                    Ive been reading on another forum about painting over the plastidip and they said its okay to just make sure that the paint you are using doesn't react with the plastidip.Someone painted their rims after they put down the plastidip and it looked nice.

http://www.jdmchicago.com/forums/sho...ght=plasti-dip

Hope this helps

Comment

I'm probably going to do my bumpers&skirts with this seems to lay good with no tiger striping like most bombs.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                        I'm probably going to do my bumpers&skirts with this seems to lay good with no tiger striping like most bombs.
                        Post how it turns out! That seems like a really good idea! ^^^

Comment

How is it holding up? Any chip yet?
                          Thanks.

Comment

I think I'm gonna use this stuff to make eyelids for my headlights

Comment

Nice idea I guess. Does it peel off easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysson_2012 View Post
                                I think I'm gonna use this stuff to make eyelids for my headlights
                                Saw these the other day and just almost crashed while laughing!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                                New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                                My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                                X