Glass polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass polishing

Okay so I have some pretty bad glass on my car and it was time to make it shine on the outside! So I polished them! ONLY USE THIS D.I.Y FOR THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR!!!!!

The glass is quite like a headlights glass so it is really similar to cleaning headlights....

The things you will need include:

(2) microfiber cloths
    terry white cloth
    headlight restoring solution (I used the one with the blue liquid inside of it)
    sandpaper (2000 grit)
    and plenty of water!!! I used a water bottle because I was doing this all in the garage.

First of all you must put the solution on the microfiber cloth and smear it all on the glass

Next take the water bottle and put water all over the window

Then take the sand paper and go in a circular motion when sanding, make sure you always have the surface wet enough! Keep sanding until you can see clearly through the window...

now take the terry cloth and wipe off all the solution and you will have little smudges here and there

Finally take you microfiber cloth and wipe the window, Streak free and brand new looking!!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

that headlight restorer is for plastic. you'd get much better results if you use actual glass polish. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I used it on plastic and it didn't look nearly as nice But if I restore again I use glass polish!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          that headlight restorer is for plastic. you'd get much better results if you use actual glass polish. later.
          Where can I buy glass polish?
          Thanks.

Comment

autozone!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

A much faster solution for anyone that is interested is a claying the windows and then using Meguiar's Professional Line #4 with a rotary.
              | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

it took me 15 minutes for all the windows

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I use bio-clean. Takes a small amount of elbow grease, gets the water spots out and polishes. Its that white can that is found at honda. Or nissan.

Im scared to use 2k grit on a windshield. I use a papertowel for my stuff.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The 2k grit is a very very very fine sand paper and if you have it wet it won't scratch anything, you can rub it on your hand and not a thing will happen....

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I use the sandpaper and the Plastix but it leave some haze on my driver's side windows. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

I always wondered how people had new looking glass lol, So my guess is this will also work for the headlights?

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                        Originally posted by keepinitclean
                        I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

The headlights have to use a sealer! But basically the same concept.....

And the reason you have haze is because you used plastic polish, not glass, use one that says it can be used on plastic or glass, I'd recommend that you use the one I have listed

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post

And the reason you have haze is because you used plastic polish, not glass, use one that says it can be used on plastic or glass, I'd recommend that you use the one I have listed
                            I got haze from not using any chemical. I just use the 2000 grit sandpaper and plenty of water. I have Maguiar's Plastix.
                            For a sealer, what do we use for the headlights?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post

What do you mean sealer? Also wouldnt using a sand paper leave lines? Do you push on it or just barely rub it? Sorry for the noob question I have no clue when it comes to polishing anything on a car.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                              Originally posted by keepinitclean
                              I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Working...
                              X