No announcement yet.

SUSP: Manual rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen this done a Civic rack, and eventually plan on doing it to my rack. The above listed way requires no extra tools and material. Just throw a few washers in there and it tightens everything up the same. Granted you can save a few pounds on the car by adding a block off plate.

Secondly he should have added breather ports for the left and right side. Basically drilling holes where the ports are on the body into the block off plate to release the pressure that does build up in the rack.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I believe that the removal of the blue ring and metal support behind it as seen in the video at 10:01 will not allow pressure buildup from steering... Perhaps this will work?

I just tried this and am planning on installing it as soon as I get my TL wheels back from powdercoating and installed. I will get back to you when this happens

Comment

I just did this conversion and was about to finish attaching the pinion to the steering arm, when I noticed that I forgot to put the large cylinder spring back in. I reinstalled the cylinder earlier based on the new info contained in this page, but the Spring slipped out of the black housing and I missed it! Do you guys think it will be okay to have the cylinder in there without the Spring, or do I need to pull it back out again and either remove the cylinder or add the spring?
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Manual rack installed and works great... smooth as butter! as done in previously posted youtube link. Just need four wheel alignment as I added various perf parts to front and rear suspension and should be good to go.

Comment

Just wondering, do we actually need the rack tensioner at all? I understand using the cover bolt and nut to keep dirt out, but there is still quite a bit of tension in the rack at low speeds, and I am wondering about removing the spring and tensioner piece.
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
            X