X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
    Yo reading owns jo!!!!
    Soysaucecb7: WHERE TO WEIGH CAR!!
    Deever: "You CAN weigh your car at truck weigh stations along the highway. They aren't terribly accurate for such low weights (since they usually measure tons) but it'll be close enough. I don't know how cool they'll be with it though... You'd need to ask and find out!"

All this was a couple posts back enjoy cheif slami

Comment

how much would removing 50 pounds do? how much weight do you have to remove before you can feel the difference??

Comment

You probably won't feel the difference with any stage 1 things... though handling might change once you shave a few hundred pounds off. The rule of thumb is 1 tenth of a second for every 100lbs lost. I've heard 2 tenths for the same thing, so I don't know for sure. I just know that a Civic with an H22 is considerably faster than an Accord with an H22! Weight DOES matter!

Comment

thanks for clearing that up, cuz i have subs and all that shit and i wanted to know how much that would affect my car

Comment

I heard the same formula... 100lbs = 0.1 off your 1/4 mile time. If you blind fold me somehow so i can still drive the car... i can tell whether there is a passenger in my car or not just by the way it accelerates and handles... So weight makes a big difference...
            Also thos guys talking about how their car weighs in the 1600's they probably mean in Kilograms... Just wanted to clear that up.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Actually, kentucky_accord did cut the hood reinforcement. I agree that it probably isn't the safest thing to do, but it would free up some weight!

'91ex coupe, modified.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

holy crap havent seen you in a while!
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

how much weight did that trim off??

Comment

Don't forget that if you have a CAI that saves around 6-8lbs for the stock air box and resignator.
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Wow! Sick! -Kentucky Accord..
                      That's exactly what i wanna do! Didn't think someone already has that done... I'm interested how much weight u took off due to that hood.. and how it behaves at high speeds...over 240km/h my stock hood begins to wobble like paper.. I think hood pins are a good idea.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

it probably only shaved off about 10-12lbs but every little bit counts and i wasnt even that aggressive with it. it only flexes in the middle because all the support is still around the edges. i dont know how fast you plan on going but i am gear limited(h22 trans w/ F22 engine) @ about 115mph and i dont fear it coming loose. if the support along the edges was cut, it would more than likely wobble like a girl in a Master P video.
                        '91ex coupe, modified.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

I myself have done a lot of the same WRT my 90 coupe.
                          I removed ALL of the interior, except the headliner.
                          I now only have sheet metal inside my car and gauges. It actually looks a lot like Kentucky's interior except a dirty white.
                          I have two Sparco EVO II's up front.
                          If you guys like, I can post pics or you can check out my ride.
                          BTW, I have a CF hood and it weighs almost nothing.
                          FAST is an idea, TOO FAST is a consequence.

Here's My Idea

Comment

How about taking out the windshield, headlights, front and rear bumper, sunroof and all 4 doors, that would be so fast... lmao
                            You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

lmao...

leave. now.

Comment

the sad part is.. mike this was done in a magazine to a nissan sentra... lol.. they removed everything.. that shit was bare.. no doors.. no front bumper.. just sad shit but ran mid 14s i think lmao

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X