EXT: Accord grill hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*douche

and damn...i dunno if i should laugh at 22z for being "ill-knowledged" or maroon for his wit

Dude, the grills look awesome. I dont know alot about bondo/filler, etc.(BTW is that bondo or f.glass?) Either way, i know nothing about using them, but im sure i can be taught or read instructions on the box But one day, or in my sparetime, ima do this. And when i do, ill post pics and props for the DIY.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
      for real ? then dam take some picture!! i got my grill off sittin on my passenger side cuz i wanna do sumthin to it it looks so ugly the stock grills.
      I used all JB Weld to mold in a piece of plastic for the bottom, because Bondo Cracks.

Pic from top:

Pic from bottom:

And after some sanding:

And the final, before adding mesh grill:
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

[QUOTE=hondatuner4267]I used all JB Weld to mold in a piece of plastic for the bottom, because Bondo Cracks.

niceee.. JB WELD!.. i'ma do that then.
        DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

niceee.. JB WELD!.. i'ma do that then.
          note that I uesd JB WELD for the 2nd grill i made, the first one i used Bondo and it cracked and started breaking, not only in the middle but in the corners also.
          So, I got another grill and used all JB WELD, and I can tell a huge difference in the strength of it. Just take your time and you will be fooling people with its clean looks before ya know it

also the mesh I used can be purchased at Home Depot for appox. $1.50 its Gutter Guard Mesh Grill
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

[QUOTE=hondatuner4267]note that I uesd JB WELD for the 2nd grill i made, the first one i used Bondo and it cracked and started breaking, not only in the middle but in the corners also.
            So, I got another grill and used all JB WELD, and I can tell a huge difference in the strength of it. Just take your time and you will be fooling people with its clean looks before ya know it

also the mesh I used can be purchased at Home Depot for appox. $1.50 its Gutter Guard Mesh Grill [/QUOTE

gangsta.. let's give this man a clap!
            WELL DONE! this is how u suppose to do it! that's what i'm talkin bout. i'm just mad when i took apart the grill and left it on the seat. i realize i lost all the screws now to put everything back gotta stay organize..
            DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

gangsta.. let's give this man a clap!
              WELL DONE! this is how u suppose to do it! that's what i'm talkin bout. i'm just mad when i took apart the grill and left it on the seat. i realize i lost all the screws now to put everything back gotta stay organize..
              GL man and if ya got any questions just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to answer em.
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

i heard that jb wel is hard to sand..is this true??

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Originally posted by blk93
                  i heard that jb wel is hard to sand..is this true??
                  I started with 60 grit, then 80, then 120, 150, 220, and had no problems.

Only thing you really need is patience.
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

ah, i have lots of that

i have been creating my grill with bondo ..and idk..i just feels like its somewhat of a lost cause if its just gonna break. but im alreayd so far into it, i might as well finish. but i do think im using jb weld for the next grill i make. im just gonna finish this one up and cslap it on, buy a 9293 grill and mod something new and innovative

Comment

Originally posted by blk93
                      ah, i have lots of that

i have been creating my grill with bondo ..and idk..i just feels like its somewhat of a lost cause if its just gonna break. but im alreayd so far into it, i might as well finish. but i do think im using jb weld for the next grill i make. im just gonna finish this one up and cslap it on, buy a 9293 grill and mod something new and innovative
                      If you can make it to the Honda-Tech meet in Charlotte NC you can see mine in person.
                      I saw where you said you might not make it, well step it up man, we need the cb7's represented.
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

lol..im setppin, trust me

this car is far from drivable and im rushing and trying not to overlook anything and make sure its all done right

plus im way too busy for my own good, so i dont have all the time in the world to work on it

it sucks

Comment

Duraglass is a fiberglass based bondo material, perfect for these DIY grills. You guys could try that out as well..... It's waterproof, and much stronger than bondo.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                            Duraglass is a fiberglass based bondo material, perfect for these DIY grills. You guys could try that out as well..... It's waterproof, and much stronger than bondo.
                            but how does it compare to JB Weld when it comes to difficulty level?
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

hmmm..that sounds interesting

ive heard fiberglass is something difficult to work with if you have no experience, so this seems like a cool idea

but then again, i can always learn how to fiberglass. i want to do it sooner or later, anyways, so idk.

anyways, nice write-up on this, helped me out lots when attacking my stock grill

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                                but how does it compare to JB Weld when it comes to difficulty level?
                                It's almost just like Bondo, but it has reinforcement fibers in it for strength....it's really easy to use.
                                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X