No announcement yet.

K24/k20 Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I'd be even further if I could find a way around paying $450 for some axles. The axles and KPro gonna delay the process a little bit. Probably go ahead and have the block built in the meantime. Gotta figure out the exhaust too.

Comment

LSDs are transformative. I had a Quaife in sparkle's swapped CB, and the LSD was easily the best part of that car. With all the stuff you're doing, if you're gonna open the transmission at all it's a no brainer.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

LSD types matter, though. Viscous types are barely better than an open diff. Helical types, like quaife, are probably best for a street car.
        My Miata has a viscous lsd. It's ok, but I'll probably swap it out for something better if I decide to keep the car for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          .....My Miata has a viscous lsd. ...
          Really? Isn't it like 150HP?

Comment

Ok so I'm guessing I really need to look into the LSD. I have gotten confirmation that I can add it to the tranny that I have already. However, it may be cheaper to sell what I have and get a 6 spd tranny with LSD already.

Comment

^yeah, that's what I would do too and find a 6 spd w/ LSD. Absolutely sick build, I really dig what you're doing here and great work on the IM

Comment

ill leak the axles. you use prelude type-sh axles. at least thats what i got sent to be claiming to be "k swap axles".
                COUPE K24

Comment

GRANITE CB7 I appreciate it. Will be sure to keep you all updated. I'm still not completely set on having LSD but if I do end up deciding to go with it, I'll sell the RSX tranny and pick up an SI with LSD.

93CB7EX That is awesome if those really work!! Let me know how that goes.. Where'd you get em?

Comment

dude on facebook. they are insane shafts.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                      dude on facebook. they are insane shafts.
                      PM me his info if you don't mind.

Comment

For forever I've been trying to locate a straight thru piping setup for the CB chassis and I've finally found it. Got a straight pipe exhaust from TruBendz for $150. They're available in 2.25", 2.5" and 3". Piping allows you to use whatever muffler and resonator you like. Header on the way also.
                        Last edited by mjsstanley; 07-06-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

My SOHC is definitely on its last leg so getting a move on on the K24/K20! About to send block off to the machine shop for cleaning and boring. After that's done, engine will be assembled

Comment

Another update guys.. Engine being assembled currently. I did decide to go ahead and get an LSD and use it with the 6 speed transmission. Really hoping to have swap done by the end of July!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Really? Isn't it like 150HP?
                              LOL. More like 110. You don't need lots of power to justify having an LSD from the factory. True driver's cars have LSD's. Open differentials are completely logical on most cars, especially ones like the cb7 - which is an economy car.

Once you see power increases, LSD makes worlds of difference, especially in FWD configurations, where torque steer results in understeer results in crashed car.

Volkswagen has some amazing fwd transmission technology going on with their LSD's and whatnot.
                              Originally posted by Quashish
                              hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
                                torque steer results in understeer results in crashed car.
                                Torque steer and understeer and two different things.

Torque steer is caused by unequal forces applied to the wheels of the opposite side (think torque vectoring).

Understeer is when you reach the limit of traction and the car no longer follows the steering angle, but follows the direction or the momentum of the vehicle right before it lost traction.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X