No announcement yet.

De-Chroming exterior side moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks fucking sexxy imo ... now what about the front and rear window moldings?

Comment

Good write up.I like the blacked out look and have been debating on doing it.Im surprised none of the local guys have done this yet.

Comment

I think it suits the car very well. Definetly a unique look.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Why didn't you take the bottom peice off the car?

Also why didn't you paint your rear window corner peice? i can clearly see its chrome still
          why you have to hate on other people stuff dude, seriously if you have nothing constructive to say, don't comment.?????

Great DIY man, keep up the good work.
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
            yeah i dont believe in doing things the cheep and nasty way ..if i want to do something i do it the best i can and imo the chrome look is out dated.
            the only place for chrome now is on the engine for show and shine comps or what ever.
            back when i was into the car scene and illegal night drags chrome was a big thing but im talking about back in the mid to late 90's
            are you saying the electrical tape is the cheap nasty way, my way or both?

If you were referring to me, BMW shadowline is top notch and it's the only way to go, other than painting the trim.

Click picture to see my mrt
            Instagram: sikz6

Comment

i did this for one side only cause it started rainig, soon im gonna finish.

good job it looks great

CALI LIFE STYLE
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Totally off topic but it's so odd to hear that someone else is going into winter mode in April.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Whit3y View Post
                  looks fucking sexxy imo ... now what about the front and rear window moldings?
                  the same can be done to the front and rear window moldings BUT i stress DONOT take the front and rear moldings off to do them as once remove you will break the clips holding them on and are hard to find replacements...i found this out when i had to have both windows removed for panel beating and was getting a new front window.
                  Because the moldings were removed and clips broken i had to have moldings glued in with window sealer and on close inspection it looks messy.

I am going to repeat the side molding process for the front and rear when the weather is dryer.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                  — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                    Totally off topic but it's so odd to hear that someone else is going into winter mode in April.
                    lol yep we are going into winter aswell down here in NZ

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                    — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by sikz6 View Post
                      are you saying the electrical tape is the cheap nasty way, my way or both?

If you were referring to me, BMW shadowline is top notch and it's the only way to go, other than painting the trim.
                      sorry didnt mean to hate but in all my years i have seen quick easy jobs that dont look very good or go wrong or dont last. but in saying that im a real fussy person and like to do things properly i have a good eye for detail and look at things in close perspective....even the job i did on my trim im not totally happy with because on looking super close you can see that there is little specs of primer that got under the masking tape on the rubber lol so im either gona sit there with a ear bud and thinners and clean it off or dab a little black paint on the ear bud and touch up...im super fussy lol

imo electrical tape is a very bad way to go it looses its sticky over time and its not a very flexible material for the curves and bends so i think thats what i was more talking about.
                      Last edited by Madpol; 04-05-2011, 05:10 AM.

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

my whole interior is also currently stripped right back and i mean everything so im driving around in just a shell really lol...so thats my next project including the roof lining and door panels and all plastic interior moldings and custom dash faces to suit the red and black colour theme im gona do so will try to do a write up on this project aswell when its started...just waiting on funds lol

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

thanks for all the awsome feed back guys
                          im glad you all like it
                          it adds something unique and different to the CB look even if it is suttel
                          but imo thats what its all about is the small details that make a difference and i love that kind of stuff.

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                            yeah i dont believe in doing things the cheep and nasty way ..if i want to do something i do it the best i can and imo the chrome look is out dated.
                            the only place for chrome now is on the engine for show and shine comps or what ever.
                            back when i was into the car scene and illegal night drags chrome was a big thing but im talking about back in the mid to late 90's
                            i hear you on this..but even to this DAY accord still have the same chrome trim..it's something they have kept on there cars..it doesn't bother me much..but i definitely like how it came out..i could only imagine it on a black car..

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Looks nice bro... i should be doing this soon to my cd5...
                              OLD

Comment

nice !! i may try this im not a big fan of the whole chrome shyt good job bro
                                My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Working...
                                X