Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Idk much about bike boots, but is there a reason behind the aluminum bits on the heel?
    It's a Magnisium toe slider on the front part. Some of the other ones come in Titanium and Aluminum.

It's used to gage how low you are. When you're leaned over really far on the bike, sometimes your knee and toe will slide along the ground. This lets you know where the extreme limits of leaning are or how bad (in the literal sense) your body position is.

The heel is simply there for protection if sliding. It's also replaceable if you fall and it wears down from sliding.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Those are riding boots. I believe it’s for better protection, but I could be wrong. Nice score Anthony.
    In essence, you can look at it as a means of protection.

I got them at a great deal, so... yeah! Thanks.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 12-21-2018, 12:06 AM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Oooooh okay. It’s like a.. “how far can I ride the side wall of my tires” kinda gauge.

I might make a thread for the Scions maintenance.. I might also just post it in here when it’s installed. 150k miles on OE rear brakes, suspension, and steering. I’m getting a new car soon, and the wife deserves nice things too. Hell, maybe the xB is my new project car weather she likes it or not.

Comment

Exactly. The knee puck is more used as a first line of contact for a gage, but when you get down to the toe, either your body position is sloppy, your feet are in the wrong position, or you need to adjust your rearsets as your nearing the very limit of maximum lean.

It still amazes me how half the people I know will get there hands dirty wrenching, and then there's a whole 'nother set of folks who can't even change a tire properly. 150K miles on OE components is straight love. That's why people still have love for Toyota.
        Last edited by Straight Success; 12-21-2018, 11:45 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hmm, learned something new about leaning today.

I thought about posting a thread, but it's typical E46 issues. I'm pretty sure I've had every single common problem happen on this car. Surprisingly, the brake rotors were original at 190k. There are several other components that are still original that need to be replaced.

I probably should've gotten that manual is300 lol. Toyota is the GOAT for reliability.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Hmm, learned something new about leaning today.

I thought about posting a thread, but it's typical E46 issues. I'm pretty sure I've had every single common problem happen on this car. Surprisingly, the brake rotors were original at 190k. There are several other components that are still original that need to be replaced.

I probably should've gotten that manual is300 lol. Toyota is the GOAT for reliability.
            i just got rid of my prius for a e30 coupe. worst decision ever.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

You mean BEST decision! Till you crack an oil pan..

Comment

- D. Chappelle

Comment

"Hey, there are still a couple days left in the year, I'm not done with you yet!" - my luck

Tires can wait; they're all too worn to replace just the one, so I'll have to drive on snows until at least May... May. That's how backed up I am in "2018 luck."
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-01-2019, 07:24 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Finally making the transition.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I want that Man Cave sign ..........

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

IVRC2887 by Mike M, on Flickr

Close enough to the real deal, I suppose.

Comment

2016 Fiesta ST with 14k miles on its way to me from Texas.

Comment

You finally got one Chris! Seems like it took you awhile to find one though.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              You finally got one Chris! Seems like it took you awhile to find one though.
                              I went to see a LOT of cars. Nearly every time I went, the car was sold just before I got there. Like every time... one was at a Chevy dealer so I went to see it. Their picture online was a dark grey ST, but when I got there, it was a totaled dark grey ST. It was an adventure for sure, and my luck wasn’t great.

The market price for these damn things lately is around 18k with low miles. I got mine for under 17k AFTER tax/tag/title/ad valorem.

Comment

Was planning on getting an oil filter sandwich plate to mount the sensors for temp and pressure gauges, but then I saw the T-fitting in Grumpy's thread; looks like a neater option. I'm going for a show-quality bay, so even though you'll never see it when installed, I had to opt for a nicer looking piece:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-17-2019, 02:38 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X