Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay rotors any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay rotors any good?

hey guys i got a coupe ex and i need to change my rotors and i seen these on ebay, i was wondering if there any good or if any one has tried them. also how will they fit and line up to everything. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD...item231c226ffd
    Last edited by 92accord ex; 04-18-2012, 08:39 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

seen which ones on Ebay?

EDIT: link is there now.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

if you are using them for DD and you dont slam on your brakes at redlights or everytime you see the car in front of you braking like a woman then they will make good replacement but for that price i would go with powerslot brand if you want the slotted OR drilled look.

i think brembo blanks are 30-40$ /PAIR if you are looking for something QUALITY you can beat on.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
        if you are using them for DD and you dont slam on your brakes at redlights or everytime you see the car in front of you braking like a woman then they will make good replacement but for that price i would go with powerslot brand if you want the slotted OR drilled look.

i think brembo blanks are 30-40$ /PAIR if you are looking for something QUALITY you can beat on.
        no the car is not a DD and im not a asshole driver ridering peoples asses and slamming on my brakes all the time.

Comment

Brakes are necessary for stopping your car, and keeping you alive. Don't cheap out. $40 for a pair of quality Brembo rotors is not that much to ask. Low-end store brand pads are good enough to stop the car. I'd trust Brembo blanks and Autozone cheapie pads over some no-name "performance" garbage like that. See the holes drilled in those rotors? Yeah, that's where they'll crack.

It doesn't matter if it's a DD or not, and it doesn't matter if you ever go faster than 35mph. The FIRST time you drive the car and get to 35mph, cheap-shit brakes could fail on you, causing you to crash. 35mph could be a fatal speed for brake failure.

Comment

Ebay stuffs are perfectly fine. I saw a guy on TV who used Ebay brake products. But he saved money. He also cut a big square on his driver's side floor in case the brakes failed, he put on his steel boots and used his feet to stop the car. I think his name is Flintstone. Lol.

Comment

Hey Deev,
              How come your newest car has the most miles? Wow. A 1986 only has 125k miles?

Comment

i have ebay drilled and slotted on mine with the posi-quiet ceramic pads.stops on a dime.i love them. I had to replace my autozone(crap) rotors because i had warped them within 2 months.

Comment

Ive been using the ebay drilled and slotted rotors with ebay pads for 6 months now. So far so good. They tend to surface rust rather quick though. If you dont drive your car for more than a week at a time you might have a bit of trouble stopping the first time. Just ride the brakes for a sec and it takes the rust right off.
                  Last edited by hondakid1996; 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

You guys are aware that "ebay" doesn't make anything, right? You can buy high quality stuff on ebay just as much as you can buy low quality stuff.

Here, look at it this way... changing our front rotors is a HUGE pain in the ass... so do it once, with quality rotors, and you won't have to do it again for a while. Do it with cheap shit, and at the very least, you'll probably have to do it much sooner than you'd like.
                    My 92 has Brembos that were slotted and drilled by an "ebay" company back in 2004. Would I bother with the slotted and drilled again? No. They eat pads, and they can crack. But the Brembos have held up to some seriously harsh driving, for many MANY miles.

Bad_Dude, I'm a PI, and I drive for a living. My 09 is my work car, ever since my CB7 broke down. The 86 has been an undriven project since 2004. I have a thread about those cars in OT.

Comment

Where are you guys finding brembo blanks at $40/pair?

I was going to order some for my cd5 off rockauto, and they were about 35-40 a piece, and then $110 to ship from UK.

I thought that shit was ridiculous. Ive seen plenty on ebay, for about 40'ish dollars per rotor, plus shipping.

Link to el cheapo brembo?
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I went with RAYBESTOS 96111 and Akebono street performance pad. It came out to $132.25

Less than the eBay price ya posted but these are Front setup only though. I cannot tell if these feel any better than OEM.
                        92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

Found them for ~$50 here: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...2&autoModClar=
                          -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

ok guys thanks for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by LastToBrake View Post
                              Thats a price for each, not the pair.

Maybe the earlier post was a typo? I cannot find anything close to $40 for the pair.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X