This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post
    I wish my LX wieght around 2200-2300lbs. It weights 2660 without me. How much weight you guy think I can take off it? Like for a track day. Nd be able to put it back together?
    I love weight reduction but for a track day you probably don't want to go too crazy.

If your just looking for about an hour of removal, I'd stick with the passenger seat, the back seat, the spare tire, the jack and tools that come in your car, and the subwoofer box if you have one. Depending on if you have a subwoofer box and how heavy that is, then you could possibly remove up to 180-250 lbs. If you don't have a box to worry about you could lose 50-80 lbs.

You have to go crazy to get noticeable results with weight reduction, but when you do it's glorious minus the fact you drive a tin can.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Weight reduction is one of those areas where "go big or go home" really applies. Either gut the shit out of the car, or leave it alone is my opinion.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just like my instructor would always say, if you want fast. Go weight reduction. Of course, this involves performance work of the engine as well.

Originally posted by toycar
        Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

so far in my car ive taken about 200 pounds out. some things idk the weight of though. like the abs computer,splash shield, wheel well fender covers (both flew off on the highway lol) , rear deck, most of the panels around the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            Weight reduction is one of those areas where "go big or go home" really applies. Either gut the shit out of the car, or leave it alone is my opinion.
            I know I'm 2 months late... but I agree, to an extent.

Some people don't realize what they can remove, or what will make a difference. The FULL AC system removal sheds quite a bit of weight.

Some things can shed a significant amount of weight when it's all totaled up, and the lack of functionality won't even be missed. Other things (such as the rear seat, which is actually quite light) are ditched with little or no useful effect at all.

2point6's car was a relatively comfortable daily driver with his 250whp H22 in it, and he was at about 2600lbs.

Comment

the

thats what im at. No ac,ps,cc, only heat. my goal it arpund 2200-2400 pounds

The Race Car

Comment

is there a diy for the evap? do i need to loop any coolant lines? i heard there was an oem line from a civic?

H22 cb7:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
                cb9:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
                dd cb7:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

Originally posted by ddcb7 View Post
                  is there a diy for the evap? do i need to loop any coolant lines? i heard there was an oem line from a civic?
                  nope should not have to loop lines just start pulling stuff out lol

Comment

I had something posted about the ABS stuff weighing about 25 lbs before the site went down (accumulator, ABS Computer, high pressure pump, lines ABS wheel sensors)

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

http://www.modbargains.com/Sportline-TE.6-Wheels.htm

at the bottom it says 1 pound of unsprung weight = 10 static weight.

and that 10lbs of static weight equal 1 hp.

So if you stripped down your car to weight 500lbs less and look like complete shit vs getting some unltra light weight wheels and tires. You could essentially save your self from looking like fanboy .

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post

the

thats what im at. No ac,ps,cc, only heat. my goal it arpund 2200-2400 pounds
                        I was going to ask why, but then I saw your sig. RACE CAR lol

Comment

iv always been big on weight reduction but with our vehicle laws it makes it hard. like if i removed my back seat i would have to re vin and re register the vehicle as a 2 seater and thats a good few hundred dollars alone.
                          as it is the CB 4 door weighs about 1250kg or something which is still about 100kg lighter than a Euro R

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                          — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

i know the only real weight reduction i have is an odessey pc680 battery, a gutted trunk, power steering pump and bracket removal and the rest is weight shed from changing engine and exhaust parts. before the battery and the power steering. i got mine down to this.

optima red top = 35lbs
                            odessey = 14.5lbs

vibrant muffler = 21lbs
                            varex muffler = 18lbs

h23 manifold = 22lbs with no stacks
                            skunk2 with adapter = 17lbs

no car seat, lol = -23lbs

2732lbs - 51.5lbs = 2680.5lbs full interior
                            cruise, a/c, power window, power door locks, keyless entry, 6 speaker stereo. its nice. also the car is fully hushmatted(sound deadened) minus the roof panel.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I wonder what a gutted dx coupe can get down to?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

my dx coupe is gutted right now with only the driver's seat, dash, headliner and carpet for interior. Might rip EVERYTHING out but the seat and dash and get it weighed. Im quite curious as well...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X