Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what seats should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Integra Seats, 94-?? I forget. Got these for $75, Black/Charcoal cloth.
    Rails closet to the console bolt right up, The other rails closer to doors need modification. Can swap rails or make custom mounts for the original rail.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Keeping in mind that this thread began with someone asking a bunch of strangers what seats WE thought he should get for HIS car, let's keep the constructive information in the threads that already exist for that purpose.

The compatible seat thread seems to be filled with far too many questions from people who can't seem to read so infusing it with pictures and information will go further than it will here.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I don't believe any of those seats fit without modification to the rails, though. Even the Prelude seats don't fit perfectly. AccordWarrior had them, and if I recall, he said the back/forth motion was seriously compromised (and he's a tall dude, so that wasn't a good thing.) He still kept them and liked them, but they didn't offer the same features as stock (either in the Accord or in the Prelude.)

Another option is to get a set of aftermarket seats. Corbeau A4s are fairly inexpensive, and with the proper rails, can be made to fit the CB7 properly.
        I had Prelude cushions on the Accord rails. They would slide forward and back as the stock seats would (if anything then moved further back than the stock Accord seats). The gripe I had was that the seats sat too reclined for my liking compared to the stock seats. I've seen some people expand upon what I had done back in the day to get them to sit more upright.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Aren't the 2003ish WRX STi front buckets a straight bolt in? I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here has said that.
        STi seats aren't particularly good, at least, not the USDM models. I personally much prefer the Prelude seats, even if they sat reclined. The Prelude seats were made by Recaro, the STi seats are just junk Subaru seats. Most people regard the 02-03 WRX seats as far superior to the USDM 04-07 STi seats. The JDM seats are a completely different animal, although I have no first hand experience.

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
        Mike's seats have been in my car for about 5 years

But yea the only thing they dont do is fold forward for people to get into the back. Not a problem for a 4 door or my coupe (cage harness bar stops them anyway).

They could recline as much as a stock seat if the bar wasnt there
        How are they holding up Travis? There was a spot on the driver's lower bolster I always worried would have worn through with normal usage, but I'm curious to see what it's done over the past 5 years.

Comment

you can pan swap most other honda seats with your original pan from your seats

some people go as far as pan swapping celica seats

the only seats that arnt pan swappable (off the top of my head) are rsx and ep3 seats

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
            How are they holding up Travis? There was a spot on the driver's lower bolster I always worried would have worn through with normal usage, but I'm curious to see what it's done over the past 5 years.
            They're fine! That bolster hasnt worn through at all. I can tell its there but its not annoying at all.

Comment

I've got RSX leather bucket seats in mine. Paid about 150 bucks for them locally. All I had to do was grind the rivets off, cut through some spot welds and then reweld the brackets in the CB7 position and everything bolts up fine. Sliders work like they should, seat height adjuster works. They're really nice seats.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The important thing is to ensure the welds are secure, so the seat doesn't come loose in an accident. You also don't want to change the position of the seat in relation to the seat belt too drastically, or the belt may not be as functional as it would need to be (and may even cause serious injury.)

Comment

Working...
                X