H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    I too enjoy reading and following all your build threads. This site isn't as active as it was 5 years ago. So it is nice to still see builds being done.
    That's very cool, it's nice to see so many of you enjoying them! Whether I'm punching keys or rattling my jaw I enjoy either just the same. So needless to say I'm having fun doing it. This forum is the only place I feel at home. Even if I sold my CB7 I'd still come here to share my other rides and hang out. Thanks for dropping me a line!

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    When I drain any honda tranny, whether it's auto or manual, I try to get as much of the old fluid out as possible. I will jack up only the passenger side corner, use a very shallow drain pan and almost let the rotor dust shield touch the ground. That way the tranny has a fairly aggressive downward pitch. Granted this was on a 95 Odyssey with the same size auto tranny, I was able to drain out a full 3 quarts. I realize the CB suspension height sits lower so the pitch might be alittle less but I think it'd be possible to do. The more pitch the better
    My driveway is likely what I've got going against me then. I figured the angle was why I wasn't getting as much as everyone else. If I turned my car around to do the drain and fill I'd likely get about as much as you are then. I'll try that next time and find out. I try to pull my car close to the garage door opening when it's cold but now that it's warming up that won't be an issue.

It would be cool to get three quarts out so I can put all three quarts of the Z1 in.

Comment

I noticed the power steering fluid was dark and smelled a little "used" shall we say.

I figured one day I will pull the pump off and rebuild it. While doing that I will replace the fluid.

I got this rebuild kit for $10 shipped. I jumped on it.

Comment

LeBra hood bra.

Comment

Update.

Front tires are about bald. Due to the alignment, still haven't replaced the broken spring on the passenger side or driver side outer tie rod end.

Iowa roads are so bad, thinking about not replacing the front struts and just buying a spring compressor replacing the passenger side spring.

Still leaking fuel. It's gotten a bit worse. Need to address this at some point but between working all the time and not having any money it's difficult.

The cheapo eBay distributor I got about 3 or 4 months ago is shot. Distributor seal again, so it's smelling like burnt oil and soaking the top of the transmission again. Thankfully I still have the old dizzy and I have a new genuine distributor seal as well. I will be rebuilding the old one this week. Probably take it to work and do it there when I'm slow Thursday or Friday. Perks of my job.

So...

Buy spring compressor.
          Replace passenger side spring with used part.
          Replace driver side outer tie rod. Have the part.
          Purchase front tires. Matching the rear.
          Take to alignment shop.

And as for the fuel leak I'm going to take it to a shop and have it diagnosed. I don't feel like messing with it.

All for a junk car that the back end is about rusted off of!

Comment

Installed the new Moog driver side outer tie rod end today. Busted it out in under 15 mins as it went smoothly for a 25 year old part.

Ordered a set of front strut assemblies. Monroe 181875 from Rock Auto. Hopefully they arrive when they said they would. We will see.

I'm getting a pair of new tires for the front tomorrow. Likely ordering them. Will have them installed after the new front strut assemblies and the alignment thereafter.

Moog driver side tie rod end installed.

Comment

Just purchased a pair of tires for the front.

The Bridgestone Blizzak WS60's in 185 65 R14 suck in the summer. Especially on wet pavement. Mine are bald of course still yet, I was able to spin one tire well into third gear the other day messing around. That's how slick they have become.

I've decided that I will go with a summer set and a winter set. Worrying about the winter set later on in the year.

I went with a pair of Kumho Solus TA11 All Seasons in 185/70R14. Ran me $55 shipped each from Amazon. Quite a bit cheaper than Tire Rack.

Also noticed the upper ball joint boots are cracked. The joints are still good but not for long with the boots cracked open.

I picked up a pair of Dorman front upper control arms from Amazon. It was going to be about $15 cheaper than Rock Auto and get here a couple days sooner as well with my Prime membership.

Dorman 520-640 Control Arm & Dorman 520-639 Control Arm.

After the new front strut assemblies and new front upper control arms I'm going to take it in for an alignment and to have the new tires put on the front. This thing better sing right on down the highway or I'm going to burn it to the ground. Just kidding. I'll sell it.

Comment

Front strut assemblies arriving tomorrow.

Dorman front upper control arms arriving Wednesday.

Kumho Solus TA11 All Season's arriving Thursday.

I'm taking some PTO Thursday and going to get the new front strut assemblies in then.

Comment

Kumho Solus TA11 seems like a great tire for the cost, i have checked them out at work and they seem pretty well built and the 75k mille treadwear warranty is outstanding. Good luck with all the work bud.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                    Kumho Solus TA11 seems like a great tire for the cost, i have checked them out at work and they seem pretty well built and the 75k mille treadwear warranty is outstanding. Good luck with all the work bud.
                    Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Monroe front strut assemblies arrived.

Comment

Dorman front uppers arrived today. I'm in business for tomorrow.

Two of thew new tires as well. Pretty pleased. Especially for the money.

Comment

Is that the OEM tire size for these with 14's? I swear it's stupid hard to find low profile 14's. I can't find 195/45/14's anywhere in the USA. It's all in Europe and what have you.

Anyway, it should ride much better now! You might already know this, but putting the better tires on the rear has become standard practice due to hydroplaning during weight transfer.

You should do a burnout on those old ones regardless. With pictures of course.

Comment

185/70R14 is the OE tire size, yes. However the currently installed Bridgestone Blizzak WS60's are 185/65R14 as that is the only size Blizzaks Bridgestone makes for a 14" wheel. I bought the car with the current Bridgestone Blizzaks.

I can definitely burn the fronts off for you. They spin really easy. Should pull a second gear burnout pretty easily.

I'll burn the tires off anything. If it won't spin 'em on it's own I'll figure out a way.

I'll take a video for ya. I won't bounce it off the rev limiter like I've previously done though. Trying to keep this one together.

Comment

Installed the front uppers and the strut assemblies today.

Pictures pretty much speak for themselves.

Comment

The front end is a little high after the front strut assembly and front upper control arm replacement today. The springs need to settle. I'm going to go ahead and wait a week, have it aligned and the new tires threw on it.

Next is going to be the fuel leak issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X