Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pioneer 6x9 are pretty cheap.
    Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Also how do you plan on powering them? Do you have an aftermarket deck? Even if you do they not gonna be powered to their full potential just from the deck. Your gonna need an amplifier to push them to the way they should sound.

Comment

Yea thats definetly true with the amplifier to push them to thier full potential. Thats why I want something that could be pushed to its full potential without the amp. just something thats gonna be able to put out some sound and bass. I'm probably gonna go with a set of pioneer's. Anybody have nay bad experiences with them or any suggestions to which ones to go with the set up that I plan on going with?

Comment

I got a some cdt 6x9 the other day. These are nice speakers. Sony, pioneer, all that other crap is low bundget stuff taht doesnt compare

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
            Yea I've heard good things about infinity's too. 160? that seems really cheap. How much would you have gotten them without your friends discount?
            i'm not sure of the exact price but i think they would've cost me around $210-240.

Comment

Your friend definetly hooked you up with that discount. Wish I knew people that worked at circuit city. Looks like I still need to do some searching.

Comment

just get some decent speakers...but...make sure that you amp them...just get a cheaper amp...a 4 x 50wRMS or something like that...and then get even some 70wRMS pioneers and they will sound good

Comment

Memphis Audio all day, any day !
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Thanks for the advice mondojackal, doesn't sound like a bad idea. But you don't think i could get some decent sound just by getting the speakers by themselves? Why should I get the amp too?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                      Thanks for the advice mondojackal, doesn't sound like a bad idea. But you don't think i could get some decent sound just by getting the speakers by themselves? Why should I get the amp too?
                      You can get decent sound without a separate amp running to them. most aftermarket headunits will power aftermarket speakers just fine. it's only when you purchase high end speakers with high power capabilities that a separate amp becomes necessary to realize the speakers full capabilities. from what i've heard, component speakers are an example of this. components really shine when the right amount of power is put to them.

my pioneer headunit (22watts rms) pushes my kappas just fine but i'm sure if i put an amp to them, they'd kick even more ass. all the suggestions given so far have been good so you can't go wrong with what the other guys have suggested.

so in conclusion, i'd just get a quality headunit and speakers of your choice and you should be happy with the sound. then later on, you can decide if you want to run an amp to them.

Comment

i got stock bose speakers in the front
                        and pioneer 6x9 in the rear.

you should get pioneer
                        i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

pioneer

Comment

i have boston acoustic 6x9 three way at the rear and two way 6.5 components in the front powered by a JL audio 300 watt amp.with this combo you will have a very nice set up.i also recomend monster power and rca cables,trust me you wont be disappointed.but this set does cost some mula$ so its all up to you in your set up mang.laterz

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

what type of music do you listen to?

Comment

Originally posted by Azncb7
                                pioneer
                                Yup, Pioneer is good! I should get some since my front stock speakers are blown, haha.
                                1996 Acura Integra SE ---> Project Car
                                1993 Honda Accord LX ---> SOLD!
                                1998 Acura 3.5RL SE ----> New Daily Stunnah

Comment

Working...
                                X