Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stage 3 Clutch: NEED SUGGESTIONS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage 3 Clutch: NEED SUGGESTIONS!

Hello. As i was swapping out my OEM clutch and flywheel with a stage 2, my brothers' preludes clutch went bad, so we put the stage 2 in that one since my car is on jacks and currently not running. Now, ive driven with a stage 2 for a long time and the pedal wasnt really heavyer to push compared to the OEM clutch. So my question is, if i go to a stage 3 clutch and flywheel is it gonna be bothersome if you drive normally? I know it wont bother me, but sometimes my mom or girl will take my car if they needed to, and i dont want them to have a hard time driving it because of that.

Any suggestion will help, Thanks

Why do you feel the need for a stage 3...? A clutch adds no more power or makes the car handle any better than an OEM. Unless you need a stage 3 (car running over 300HP if i'm correct) why put one in there...?

I have driven cars with stage 3 clutches, and personally it sucked. My leg was killing me from pushing the clutch in. Those vehicle actually had the HP to warrant the stage 3 clutches.

If your mom and girl are going to be driving it, I doubt it has over 300 hp...

my apologies if i'm wrong...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Hydraulic clutch. They don't give a care what stage you put in there, the pedal is virtually unchanged.

Buy a cheap oem clutch.

Comment

I'm going to be running about 250+ on HP naturally aspirated. I did more reading and stage 3 is indeed uneccesary. I think stage 2 clutch and flywheel is my best bet because ill get the lighter flywheel I want, and I won't have to worry about the clutch slipping. Thanks for the input guys

Comment

Please do explain this 250+hp N/A setup.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeS-Musician View Post
            I'm going to be running about 250+ on HP naturally aspirated. I did more reading and stage 3 is indeed uneccesary. I think stage 2 clutch and flywheel is my best bet because ill get the lighter flywheel I want, and I won't have to worry about the clutch slipping. Thanks for the input guys
            BS. I say.

I would also love to hear about it. Cause that much N/a power isnt cheap. Also if you had the bank for that type of 2.2l build you wouldn't be in here asking people.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
              BS. I say.
              He didn't even state what engine he was going to be using, or what car for that matter . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

A Instead of getting a new car, I asked for a new motor. I got the H22A Type S engine (Only made in Japan) and tranny. It came with everything, it was a plug and play for $3000 on my 93 accord ex. The Type S has 217 HP stock, my mods are: Intake, Full exhaust system, twin-loop muffler, ignition system, and fuel system. So I crunched the numbers and that's my guess. Big deal if a little off. Parts are not THAT expensive, and me and my dad do all the work ourselves so we aren't paying mechanics for their labor. I was just asking a simple question if a stage 3 clutch would be better, because I had a stage 2 before.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeS-Musician View Post
                  A Instead of getting a new car, I asked for a new motor. I got the H22A Type S engine (Only made in Japan) and tranny. It came with everything, it was a plug and play for $3000 on my 93 accord ex. The Type S has 217 HP stock, my mods are: Intake, Full exhaust system, twin-loop muffler, ignition system, and fuel system. So I crunched the numbers and that's my guess. Big deal if a little off. Parts are not THAT expensive, and me and my dad do all the work ourselves so we aren't paying mechanics for their labor. I was just asking a simple question if a stage 3 clutch would be better, because I had a stage 2 before.
                  And my accord was handed down to me by my dad. So whenever her F22A6 gave out after 300,000 miles, and my parents were gonna help me pay for a new car (new as in another used car), I asked for the engine instead. So I'm not loaded or anything

Comment

You don't need a "Stage 3" anything.

MortsAccord summed it up perfectly above. You have a hydraulic clutch system. The pedal is not going to be stiffer.

I've said it before... a clutch is like a condom. Get the product that best matches your equipment. A quality "stage 3" clutch will be for a seriously modified engine. A stock H22 Type S will be fine with OEM, or a "stage 1" from most quality clutch manufacturers.

Get yourself a good Exedy or Daikin. You'll be fine.

Comment

Alright thanks for advice. I won't be getting that then

Comment

Clutches are usually rated at whp, and the Type S is likely to make no more than 180-185whp, if that. 250whp N/A will actually require some pretty extensive mods (and it would essentially be undoing everything that makes that more expensive Type S engine different from a regular H22A)

Comment

HELL no I'm making 250 at the wheels. I'm MAYBE making 220 whp, I'm not sure. Like I said these are all guesses on my part. I could be talking out of my ass for all I know.

Comment

217 at the crank, minus losses due to age and wear, minus 15-18% drivetrain loss... 180whp is more likely in stock form. Are you running a custom tuned ECU? If not, some serious wiring would have been needed to run the Type S's OBD2 ECU. An OBD1 P13 from a base model H22 is what you'd be using otherwise.

I seriously doubt you're even close to 200whp. 250whp would take new internals, head work, new cams, a custom intake manifold, a high quality header, and a good dyno tune. Doing all that to a Type S is a waste, honestly. Because, as I said, most of the parts that make the Type S different from any other H22 will be replaced with aftermarket bits that would do just as well in a cheaper H22 (as in, an H22 that costs about $800.)

Comment

Yeah I'm doing the OBD1 converstion to avoid the wiring of hell. Other then what I already named, I won't be doing anything else to my Type S. Like you said, it would be changing the whole concept of it being a Type S. I guess I was completely off on my guesses for the whole HP or WHP, whatever you prefer. Once I get it all together and take it in for a dyno, ill be able to see what she can do. Thanks for all your input

Comment

Working...
                              X