Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Extended tophats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I understand a little more now.
    ____

Comment

they are still very useful on full coils. i have astros omnis with front extended tophats. let you go even lower than normal without sacrificing much, if any shock travel.

the omnis will go lower than the chassis will allow because of the UCA's and still have enough shock travel to legitimately have a decent ride without blowing the shocks.

Comment

Most decent coilovers provide ride height adjustment by extending or contracting the shock body. If you do this, you don't compromise piston stroke / travel. Ground Control is an excellent example of a decent/high quality coilover sleeve. With a sleeve or lowering spring you have ride height adjustability @ the expense of shock travel. That is why an extended hat is needed.

Comment

how can i make my own? or that pic posted above what do i need to make one like that?
          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
          1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
          1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            they are still very useful on full coils. i have astros omnis with front extended tophats. let you go even lower than normal without sacrificing much, if any shock travel.

the omnis will go lower than the chassis will allow because of the UCA's and still have enough shock travel to legitimately have a decent ride without blowing the shocks.

Truth. The extended tops that I had made allowed the whole shock to travel past the OEM upper mount location... So even on the floor, the car still rode hald assed good .... then the floorpans stayed off the pavment.

If I had used an OEM top and bumpstop WITH NO SPRING AT ALL ... the car acaually would have sat higher then it did with with the OMNI's and extended tops.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
              how can i make my own? or that pic posted above what do i need to make one like that?
              And still be safe?
              Buy proper lowering spring/struts.

Or, IF you are going to do it like that pic, at LEAST make sure you use industrial grade bolts, and use tube spacers to take the load rather than an extended bolt.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yeah true
                MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
                1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
                1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Working...
                X