Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

VIS or Seibon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIS or Seibon?

any thoughts, facts, opinions? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

I have a VIS hood and haven’t had any issues. They are both great brands. Just make sure you get hood pins or latches as the latch hook has been known to rip out. I recommend Aerocatch latches. They are sleek and you can buy ones you can lock. I am running a VIS Hood with the latches if you look in the last 10 pages or so pages of my Member thread.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Back in the day, and I mean like over 15 years ago, VIS quality had been spotty as far as fitment and weave etc. they however better than a lot of other brands at the time and a huge supplier. At this point they have been around a long time so it seems like they have gotten much better over the years though I don’t have any RECENT first hand experience. Seibon on the other hand had always been one of the best and a bit more expensive.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I believe I will go with the Seibon. Will def check out the locking latches as well. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

which ever one you choose you need it lol
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            which ever one you choose you need it lol

Truth, like what was said earlier, the latches tend to rip out because they’re basically just resting between layers of glass, cf and resin. My buddy didn’t get good patches and his flew open somehow flexed back enough and shattered the sunroof on his integra. He still managed to get that 1/4mile done in just over 12 seconds with the hood open halfway down the track lol.
            Last edited by mAd mOrdigan; 02-10-2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I have owned both brands. Both just as good, however they don’t fit dead on like an oem Honda hood. I do believe Seibon just recently discontinued their cf oem style hoods for the cb7. So you might have to go with VIS if you want brand new. I agree with all the fellas as far as some sort of hood pins for safety reasons and also because without hood pins, it will tend to rattle at high speeds. I’ve used old school hood pins in the past, switched them out for NRG hood locks which were pretty good. I am now using something called quick latch pins. The aero flush hood latches seem like too much of a pain to install.

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
                I have owned both brands. Both just as good, however they don’t fit dead on like an oem Honda hood. I do believe Seibon just recently discontinued their cf oem style hoods for the cb7. So you might have to go with VIS if you want brand new. I agree with all the fellas as far as some sort of hood pins for safety reasons and also because without hood pins, it will tend to rattle at high speeds. I’ve used old school hood pins in the past, switched them out for NRG hood locks which were pretty good. I am now using something called quick latch pins. The aero flush hood latches seem like too much of a pain to install.
                They were tedious to install and I have to cut a decent size hole under the hood. But I like the locking feature for increased theft resistance.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Nice rims!

Comment

Working...
                  X