EXT: Another Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Another Grille

OK, so this is my first DIY. Its yet another grille mod, yes, i know there are tons of these, but i did this today and would just like to share it with you all. Ok, items needed:
    Philips Screwdriver
    Body Kit Mesh (can be bought at autozone, where ever)
    Side Cutters or Scissors

Ok, sorry i dont have pics of the process, but its a very simple deal. First, open the hood, and remove the screws that hold the grille in place.

Next, looking at the back of the grille, you should see 14 screws. Remove all of these.

Next, cut the mesh so u have 2 pieces, each being of about 13 inches long, and 4 inches wide. this will leave plenty of space to mount it how u like, then trim off the excess.

Now, if you havent already, seperate the chrome face of the grill from the black backing.

If you want, paint the mesh. wait for it to dry before moving on of course

Place the sections of mesh between the black backing and chrome face, and screw it in. dont forget to put the Honda emblem back on too.

If you plan on doing so in the future, now is a good time to put an "Accord" emblem on the grille, using clear silicone, 40/50, or maybe even ziptyes temporarily.

trim off the excess mesh

mount the grille, stand back and cheese!!

once again, my first DIY. heres some pix of the finished product.

"This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Awesome! I didn't like the other grill DIY's but I'm deff doing this one.

Comment

not to be an ass or anything but is it me or does it look a lil croocked?

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
      ----
      02 Pontiac Firebird W68
      92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

the one where the hood is up it was just lying there not screwed in or nothing so it might be. and the emblem is becuase its just ziptyed on right now. im going to the shop tomorrow to 40/50 it on. other than that i hope not lol
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Whatever you guys do save your money!!! Instead of using the bodykit mesh from the autparts store which costs over $20 dollars go to Home Depot and pick up some gutter guard mesh it is about $2 bucks only and the same exact material and quantity. This is what I did a few months back when I did my own DIY grille. BTW Props to this write up I like your method and it turned out great.

Comment

haha thanks

Comment

HA HA! This is the same thing I did when I read the other grill hack! I just didn't put the " ACCORD " in the grill
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

yeah yesterday i 40/50ed the accord emblem on. ill get pix tonite when i get home from school. it looks a little better. speaking of 40/50, how do u get this stuff off ur hands??? haha, every time i get near the stuff i end up wearing it for 3 weeks.

Comment

Good write up!! I though about doing the mesh "sandwhiched" between the grill but i didnt want the plastic support peices running horizontally across so i hacked it up....anyways good stuff props manG!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMagicCB7
                    dollars go to Home Depot and pick up some gutter guard mesh it is about $2 bucks only and the same exact material and quantity.
                    Ya, that's what I used as well..... I mentioned that in my Grill Hack DIY.
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

well i just kinda threw that in there, but i didnt actually pay for mine. my neighbor/best friend 90_accord_22657 has a body kit on his cb7, but we had to take some of the mesh out when we hacked up ther bumper to run his intercooler piping. but yeah, where ever u can get the mesh is good i suppose

Comment

i used to have a grill on my car just like this, then i hacked out the H and left the accord emblem.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

yeah, im thinking about doing that too. not sure yet tho

Comment

Working...
                          X