Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

EGR Hose not connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Hose not connected

I just failed emissions and went to check my O2 sensor and EGR, the O2 seems to be fine. Then I was going to clean my EGR, but before I disconnected it, I noticed the hose is not there, I think this might be the cause of my problem. This is on an H22A if that matters.

My question is where am I supposed to connect this to? The part coming out on the right side is what I'm talking about.

Also my idle is low and the car does die after hard acceleration so it definately seems like this should be the issue, however if this does not bring my idle up enough, if someone could show me which screw I turn on the throttle body to adjust the idle I'd appreciate that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

yeah disconnected egr would cause it to fail smog

Comment

Thanks. I assumed as much. Just figured out how to adjust the idle on the throttle body. Still need to know where that hose is supposed to connect to.

Comment

It goes to the black box on the firewall.

It is hose #16. It goes to the EGR control solenoid.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I think my egr solenoid might be missing altogether. Could someone take a pic of theirs so I can see exactly what I should be looking for?.

Comment

Its a rubber hose that your missing...it either connects to the vacuum box or the manifold..that missing hose can cause ur engine to die since you have a vacuum leak..im guessing you failed the smog test either because you had a check engine light or high nox....right?

Comment

Originally posted by madmattr6 View Post
              Its a rubber hose that your missing...it either connects to the vacuum box or the manifold..that missing hose can cause ur engine to die since you have a vacuum leak..im guessing you failed the smog test either because you had a check engine light or high nox....right?
              No check engine light. It was High Carbon Monoxide that caused me to fail.

When you say it either connects to the vacuum box or the manifold, do you mean it can connect to wherever?

Comment

Originally posted by Boredumb View Post
                No check engine light. It was High Carbon Monoxide that caused me to fail.

When you say it either connects to the vacuum box or the manifold, do you mean it can connect to wherever?
                Nope..... the black box on the firewall above the charcoal canister should have 3 hoses coming out the bottom..... the one marked 16 should go to the egr although in may be too short to reach the prelude egr......

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                  Nope..... the black box on the firewall above the charcoal canister should have 3 hoses coming out the bottom..... the one marked 16 should go to the egr although in may be too short to reach the prelude egr......
                  I think I might be missing this box? Do you know a part number for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Boredumb View Post
                    I think I might be missing this box? Do you know a part number for it?
                    I can get you a part number but you're better off going to the jy for that....... it's on the passenger side on the firewall

Comment

Alright yea. I'm missing that whole thing. Thanks a lot for the picture. I'll check some junkyards this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X