Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone moved their engine bay fuse box inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone moved their engine bay fuse box inside?

If so, may I see pictures of how and where it's located? I'd like to move it inside, but I'm not sure where to place it, somewhere near the ECU, that's for sure.

Also, may if you have rearranged the wire harness of your engine bay, may I see where you have placed that, too?

I'm currently in te process of cleaning up the engine bay and I'm looking for some ideas and inspiration regarding engine bay wire harnessing and engine bay fuse box relocation.

Thanks!

a neat trick is to get a dashboard from an SE that had a passenger side airbag, but leave the airbag out (since your car didn't have one anyway) and put the fusebox inside and accessible thru the hole from above. You can use the original top piece of the airbag as a lid.

I think most people put the fusebox underneath or inside the glovebox.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That [I]is[/s] a nice trick. Unfortunately I don't have access to an SE dashboard because the CB7 is extremely rare where I'm from so I have to make do with the stuff I have. Thanks for your input though!

Comment

That and the OEM wire harness will not reach to allow you to move it up in that location. This is mine and as far as you may get the harness to reach ....

With that said I've tried removing the AC condenser and putting it there, but this messes up the air flow. Currently I have it upside-down below the air box unit.

Last edited by Raf99; 05-02-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

The stock harness will definitely will let it move to that location, but it has to be completely de-loomed first.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

its really easy to move

my fuse box is inside my glove box.

I've removed all my ac stuff tho...still need to remove the heater core tho

in the picture below you can see the hole my firewall that the engine wiring harness comes from.
            (some people use the hole from the heater core was to send the wires threw.
            I just used a hole saw drilled a hole n ran them that way)

No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

Thanks for te replies guys. I've settle for the drivers side above the feet probably on the right to avoid breaking my back when replacing a fuse... So I'll be needing some extra wires. Anyone got some spare harnesses laying around?

There's absolutely no room behind the glove compartment, and below below the heater blower duct is just plain ugly, imo.

Comment

your best bet would be finding a junkyard near you. Last time I went to one, they had 6 or 8 CB's, so you can still find them.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Not where I'm from. They are very rare where I'm from. So I depend on others/eBay to get what I need, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                  X