Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hi - New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - New Member

Hi,

Nice site you guys have here. I am a new member to CB7Tuner and am also a noobie when it comes to anything about cars. If you tell me to dissasemble a computer down to it's bare parts and then reassemble them, it'll be no problem, however the scenario would be different if you ask me to do that to my 1993 Honda Accord LX.

I recently recieved my Honda from a relative and I have no idea how to maintain it. For starters I would like to learn how to tune it up (Oil change, etc.) and would also like to install an MP3 player system. I have no desire to turn my car into something that has rocket proplusion.

At the moment my car has alot of mileage on it. My uncle drove it every day since the day he bought it. Can anyone drop me a few suggestions on how to maintain it? I plan to drive this car for quite some time.

--GN.

"It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."

--René Descartes (1596-1650)

What you need to do is go pick up a Haynes, or Chilton manual, on 1990-1993 Accords, at a local auto parts store, read over it, memorize it, know it.

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
      What you need to do is go pick up a Haynes, or Chilton manual, on 1990-1993 Accords, at a local auto parts store, read over it, memorize it, know it.
      what he said and use the search button alot....seeing that you like computer that means you are pretty good at doing research...search, search, search.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

welcome to the fourm
        FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
        My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

welcome aboard!

Comment

Watsup man Welcome

Comment

Welcome
              *There should be a noob introduction sticky.

Comment

Welcome, enjoy your stay!
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

welcome buddy

like everyone said get a haynes manuel cause that helps you out alot with maintaining it this website will help you out alot with pretty much whatever problem you will have with your car because someone here has gone through same thing or something similar but like they said SEARCH before you make any new threads cause alot of people at times make the same thread over and over again so welcome to cb7tuner
                  ________
                  Mary Jane
                  Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:44 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                  "2SIIC"
                  Authentic Jerseys for sale
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Yeah like what everyone said about the Haynes or Chilton manuals. Once you got that down and know how to do maintenances your car. Next you need to invest on some simple essentials tools like a set of Ratchet with metric size sockets, wrenches (metric size also), and some screwdrivers. Eventually the tools will pay for themselves once you start doing your own oil change, or with any other repairs instead of going to a local auto repair shop, laters.
                    Hi

Comment

welcome! im a 2days old neebie me too

almost stock...

Comment

Chilton manuals are better than haynes IMO, and the best period would be the one that all Honda dealerships have, the factory service manual that has everything that you could possibly want and more,lol.
                        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                        My (old) Ride

Comment

Welcome! Lots to learn here. Take your time.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

Originally posted by GeistNinja
                            Hi,

Nice site you guys have here. I am a new member to CB7Tuner and am also a noobie when it comes to anything about cars. If you tell me to dissasemble a computer down to it's bare parts and then reassemble them, it'll be no problem, however the scenario would be different if you ask me to do that to my 1993 Honda Accord LX.

I recently recieved my Honda from a relative and I have no idea how to maintain it. For starters I would like to learn how to tune it up (Oil change, etc.) and would also like to install an MP3 player system. I have no desire to turn my car into something that has rocket proplusion.

At the moment my car has alot of mileage on it. My uncle drove it every day since the day he bought it. Can anyone drop me a few suggestions on how to maintain it? I plan to drive this car for quite some time.

--GN.

Welcome to the FAMILY buddy. There is a wealth of info about our cars on the site just hit the search button and youre good to go......ohh there never any intentions to turn your car into a rocket it just happens....lol
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
                            X