View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #9
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
On my old CB with an H22 swap, I had the factory H22 header (you could get an OEM H23A1 piece that would be fairly similar in construction and flow), an OEM style replacement catalytic converter (I don't mess with "high flow" stuff... OEM style flows well enough, and seems to work better and last longer), and 2.5" crush-bent piping running through the longest resonators I could cram in there, out to a generic stainless DTM style muffler supplied by my muffler shop. The setup lasted for many, many years. It was a little loud, but never raspy. I love the look and sound of the higher quality exhaust systems, but I never felt the need to replace what I had. Granted, it's a gamble going with generic "muffler shop" stuff, as you could get crap just as easily as you get quality. I happened to get quality.

If you want to go with an old standby for a header, DC Sports makes a very high quality piece. You could even weld on a larger merge collector to open up that bottleneck (most headers you find for the F22A will have fairly small collectors.)
The other brands mentioned above are also very good, but DC is another good option.

Some people have had luck with the cheap stuff like Megan Racing or OBX. Sometimes they don't fit correctly, and sometimes they crack... but if you want cheaper, those brands are generally decent more often than not.

Go-to exhaust brands have always been Greddy, RS*R (be careful not to be fooled by the "ebay" company SR*S.... NOT the same thing!), and Apexi. All three brands have always been consistently good in terms of fitment and sound, though I'm honestly not sure if they all still support the CB7. If they don't you may be able to hunt down used parts.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote