Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lights should i buy?

Hey all,
    im new here and kinda new to the tuner industry. I mean i've been reading tuner/car magazines for years and have a tendancy to hang out with tuners but i just got my first CB7 '93 lx. I used to drive this old volvo, with these f'in huge headligts so im kinda used to having a lot of light on the road. What kind of headlights (company, output, bulb type, ect.) would you guys reccomend putting in my car? if you don't mind me asking.
    "Now why you got's to go and take me back to where i came from? I'ma MAKE YOU REMEMBER where you know my name from!"

hid! piaa!

i just did a 9005 9006 conversion. good enough for me...dont get blue bulbs...those kill rain vision...not even worth it...

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

will i need an entire kit to convert to HID or do i just install the necessary bulbs.
      "Now why you got's to go and take me back to where i came from? I'ma MAKE YOU REMEMBER where you know my name from!"

Comment

you will need an entire kit but its worth it your headlights look like bmw headlights, you can get em for around 300 bux off ebay or ask some of the guys here where they got theirs.... i might be buying a set when i get back from cali....

Comment

yo man if its up to me its time that you get a HID conversion goign on man, if you got about 800 bux you can get a retrofit goin on with some real hid projectors and OEM Hid or even a D2 Based kit which would be tight as a motherfucker and look very OEM.... or if you dont got alot of money for that id say def go for a hid kit.. they run about 300-400 bux shipped these days which is alot better than about 6 months ago at 500-600... if you cannot even afford that which is coo.. id go with a silverstar 9005 conversion because the light output is sick as hell man... if i was you i would stay away from those blue bulbs because as of my experience with them they do nothing for vision and only for looks, i used to care about looks until i look at the kids now with the blue bulbs and i notice they dont even look half way near hid or even hid color, its not possible to match, but if your wanting a different look blue bulbs for you!

Comment

well i've already got the JDM one piece headlight set coming over and i was deciding on what bulbs to use. i think im gonna go with the lesser expensive HID kit, sound like a pretty good deal. I work at Golds Gym, but we share the parking lot with the boys at the Mercedes Mechanical/Technician Department. They're always a good help. I'm gonna ask em where i might be able to pick some up in the area. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X