Stock ecu vs. HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock ecu vs. HP

I know this is a dumb/weird question. But has anyone ever ran the stock ecu to its limit? What I mean is, how much fuel can the stock ecu adjust for? IE: you have an EX with CAI a good header and a nice free flowing exhaust, now do some mild porting, bigger throttle body, I've even seen some guys run mild cams without a chipped ecu... at what point will the factory ecu become your bottle neck? From the get go? I know that some people throw in a chipped ecu asap and I've done the same in the past.. this is just a dumb weird thing I wanted to see if anyone has done before.

Injector size comes to mind. ECU is dumping based on this. If 330C is the max per injector.. fini.

Comment

+/- 15% increase on the injector's duty cycle.

Ignition timing is your next parameter which can be advanced/retarded with the distributor.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        +/- 15% increase on the injector's duty cycle.

Ignition timing is your next parameter which can be advanced/retarded with the distributor.
        How do you increase the duty cycle on an OEM ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          How do you increase the duty cycle on an OEM ECU?
          Typically the ECU would adjust for more air by itself, but I guess you could use a method to trick the ECU into "seeing" leaner mixture and compensating by adding more fuel.

I don't think the stock ECU is smart enough to check for parameters that don't make sense. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if you could just add larger injectors. As long as the ECU sees the right mix (O2 sensor), it shouldn't throw a code. It's nice to have such a carefree ECU.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

One question..WHY?
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X