Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lotek Shocks/struts Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotek Shocks/struts Any good?

Hey I found these on ebay they look ok at first glance and I can;t find any bad reviews, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or if they would be ok with lowering springs? Thx in advance

I wouldn't trust them so much. Tein Stech's to match are ok since they have soft spring rates.
    Doesn't hurt to try , your call.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I figured the price was right and i've been reading good things on some of the civic forums and a couple on honda tech. I just know our's our heavier is why I'm checking.

Comment

Well it doesn't mean all shocks will have the same valving specifications. Of course Civic shocks will only be valved for the Civic , whilst the Accord shocks get the Accord valving specifications. I was about to buy those for my Civic too since they lay a good price. However, I went for the bigger cheese instead, it's because I was being skeptical about the Lotek.

Comment

Yeah I also see they have a strut/spring combo but it looks super progressive rate.

Comment

Ask the seller what are the spring rates.

Comment

Don't buy any cheap no-name shocks or springs. You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension... and your life may depend on it.

Koni STR.Ts are very cheap, and will handle any drop. I would trust a used set of quality springs over a brand new no-name set. Search Craigslist and Ebay for some good springs from Neuspeed, H&R, Eibach, Tein, etc...

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd avoid those. Not sure if I'd wanna buy any thing with a name like "Lotek" there may be a reason they're called that... just saying

Comment

They're probably just rebadged versions of some Chinese knockoff of some cheapie stock replacement brand...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I would trust a used set of quality springs over a brand new no-name set. Search Craigslist and Ebay for some good springs from Neuspeed, H&R, Eibach, Tein, etc...
                    A big plus one on this. I got my sportlines for only $40. They are used, but I'd rather run a used set of good springs than brand new Ching Chong Meow parts. You can almost always find a set of lowering springs on CL for our cars. There was also a set of Progress Sport springs for sale as well, but that guy didn't return emails.

Comment

yeah i saw these on ebay and when i saw lotek, all i thought of was "Low Tech" the price is appealing but i suggest going to amazon and searching there. They got pretty good prices and they are name brand
                      ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

www.neuspeed.com has Koni STR.T for less than most places sell KYB GR2s... which are little more than stock-replacement shocks.

With STR.T prices being what they are, I don't see why ANYONE would get anything else.

That's like having the option to buy a new BMW for $5000, but choosing to go with a Kia for $4995.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          www.neuspeed.com has Koni STR.T for less than most places sell KYB GR2s... which are little more than stock-replacement shocks.

With STR.T prices being what they are, I don't see why ANYONE would get anything else.

That's like having the option to buy a new BMW for $5000, but choosing to go with a Kia for $4995.

Thanks for the point in that direction Deev. I was about 2 days away from ordering those Lotek's myself, especially since they accepted offers of 149.99 shipped.

Comment

When it comes to suspension, you get what you pay for... and since your suspension largely determines how your car reacts in an emergency situation, you do not want cheap crap on there!

STR.Ts will cost you about $100 more... but they'll be much safer, ride much better, last much longer, and they'll have a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I thought low-tech too I was just curious if anyone had experience with them but I dont wanna skimp on safety.

Comment

Working...
                              X