No announcement yet.

17x9 wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So has anyone fitted 17x9 +22 with 245-255 tires by now? The plan with my Accord build is to figure out how wide I can go on stock camber (maybe a bit more negative if I can find someone who knows how to set it up properly for street-track balance, but playing it safe for now) and a drop as low as, oh, "two fingers" on the extreme end I think?, then do whatever I need to the fenders to accommodate outer width. Inner clearance is all I care about here.

My RSX has 7" wide wheels with 215mm tires, Mugen coilovers, and Eibach sway bars, and I'm still getting a bit too much understeer for my liking. 9" is the widest I would want to go on the Accord, but the car will see track time, and I do too much mountain driving to not get use out of more width. 17x9 +22 is just a very common spec with the higher-end wheels, so I'm hoping it clears. 8" wheels are for sure, but if I'm still unhappy with that, I'd like to stagger the setup and put 9" up front. The question is just how low does the offset need to be?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      So has anyone fitted 17x9 +22 with 245-255 tires by now? The plan with my Accord build is to figure out how wide I can go on stock camber (maybe a bit more negative if I can find someone who knows how to set it up properly for street-track balance, but playing it safe for now) and a drop as low as, oh, "two fingers" on the extreme end I think?, then do whatever I need to the fenders to accommodate outer width. Inner clearance is all I care about here.

My RSX has 7" wide wheels with 215mm tires, Mugen coilovers, and Eibach sway bars, and I'm still getting a bit too much understeer for my liking. 9" is the widest I would want to go on the Accord, but the car will see track time, and I do too much mountain driving to not get use out of more width. 17x9 +22 is just a very common spec with the higher-end wheels, so I'm hoping it clears. 8" wheels are for sure, but if I'm still unhappy with that, I'd like to stagger the setup and put 9" up front. The question is just how low does the offset need to be?

This is the only guy I can remember off the top of my head that ran a 17x9. His was a +15 offset

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

17x9 +22 is going to be VERY aggressive on the CB. I have a CD Accord, which can fit larger wheels (a 17x8 +35 on a CB fits like a 17x9 +35 on a CD), so about 12mm difference in fender size. This is how 17x9 +35 fits with 245/40s and natural camber.

I recently picked up a set of Volk that I will be tracking on....they are 17x9 +23 in the front. I'l definitely going to be needing to pull the front fenders so I can run a good sized tire with them. Here's a test shot with the 245/45 tires they came with. The tires are definitely too big, but you can see even on my car the wheels are pushing it.....with the CB it would be just WAY too much.

Comment

Like I said, fenders aren't a restriction. I saw the M&M Accord in Honda Tuning way back and completely fell in love with the look, so I don't mind if I have to do something similar if it can be done to flow with the stock body lines. Just need to figure this stuff out before I go to paint the car.

Inner clearance here, guys... gotta push the envelope sometimes, or the game stagnates.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

On a 9" wheel +40 is about as high of an offset as you want to run. You could maybe go as high as +42 or so, but with a fat tire, you risk it rubbing the knuckle both front and rear. So anything under +40 is definitely safe.

Comment

Working...
            X