Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Finally bought the accord I've been looking for :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally bought the accord I've been looking for :)

Finally found it a cb7 rust free 5 speed coupe, in the mn area that's sure rare haha! She needs some work though I've had it for 3 days and I've already painted it, fixed the loopy idle (although it came back today) bought some ex wheels for 30 bucks and got some decent tires for free, it needs an axle, pretty much an entire interior, seats are shot door panels are spray painted tan and missing the cloth and fabric, turn signals for the bumper, actuator for the seat belts, oh and it needs to be slammed! Haha

Nice coupe def needs stuff done here and there but it will be fun

Comment

Yeah for sure! Last accord I had was a cb7 4 door but was rusty... When I seen this one for 1300 I had to jump on it... But after seeing how the guy spray painted stupid shit and it needed a little more work than I thought I couldn't pay 1300 for it so I offered 850 and he took it. Here's some pics of the stupid pointless spray painted stuff he did... FACE PALM!

Oh and when I swapped the wheels I noticed spray painted springs an struts red and spray painted control arms strut forks etc... Silver...

Comment

Wtf is that ext color. Spray can?

I think ull b a lot better doing a roller paint job anddd u have a space to do it. So worth it to try.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

its single stage acrylic enamel out of a gun, unfortunately the gun i used kept clogging and spraying like crap... i have a lot of wetsanding and polishing to do but i have to let it cure for a week or so

Comment

and as for right now i wasnt going for a show room quality car, but as you can see with the enginge bay steering wheel door panels etc... you can imagine what the exterior looked like, it had pounds of gloss and flat black spray paint on it and it looked like complete garbage, it looks 100 times better now which is what i was going for, wish i had taken before pictures... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Laviathan222 View Post
              its single stage acrylic enamel out of a gun, unfortunately the gun i used kept clogging and spraying like crap... i have a lot of wetsanding and polishing to do but i have to let it cure for a week or so
              i was going to say that but nice score either way!

Comment

i can't complain, it runs and drives down the road just fine! lol putting in a new windshield and doing tint removal monday and tuesday fortunately i'm good friends with the people that work at and the boss of the old detailing shop i used to work at so i can use the shop/supplies after hours

Comment

thats great because you have lots of cleaning to do lol
                  Most of the stuff you need , hit up a local jy and find your parts.much cheaper this way

Comment

What the heck @ engine paint Probably he's a art artist and ran out of paper lol. What are your future plans sir?

Comment

sucks about the randomness of painting! what was the paint like on the car before you got ahold of it? worse than the engine bay?

Comment

looks like a good project man, you got some work to do for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_92accord View Post
                          What the heck @ engine paint Probably he's a art artist and ran out of paper lol. What are your future plans sir?
                          thats my thinking some people just need not own vehicles, i had to buy this one to remove it from its old owner and give it some dignity, the door panels and rear sides and parts of the headliner are spray painted tan as well... im gonna attempt to clean them up and dye them with interior dye... future plans... i got a set of 17's i gotta pick up, planning on slamming it, maybe delete the factory spoiler not sure yet, and rebuild the motor... she smokes a wee bit (not enough yet to consider going into the mosquito/bug deffoging business)

Originally posted by 512_CB7 View Post
                          sucks about the randomness of painting! what was the paint like on the car before you got ahold of it? worse than the engine bay?
                          not worse it was all black, but had a bunch of random spots that were spray painted flat black, gloss black, and satin black....

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
                          looks like a good project man, you got some work to do for sure though.
                          Yeah i love having a car to work on but this ones got quite a bit more than i wanna do... but its rust free and worth it IMO... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Laviathan222 View Post
                            thats my thinking some people just need not own vehicles, i had to buy this one to remove it from its old owner and give it some dignity, the door panels and rear sides and parts of the headliner are spray painted tan as well... im gonna attempt to clean them up and dye them with interior dye... future plans... i got a set of 17's i gotta pick up, planning on slamming it, maybe delete the factory spoiler not sure yet, and rebuild the motor... she smokes a wee bit (not enough yet to consider going into the mosquito/bug deffoging business)
                            You got some good plans sir. Im glad someone is finally taking care of the poor coupe. Get to work on the engine first its more important bro

Comment

Time to post some pics! Stuff done and Stuff needed to be done...

Got the exterior looking decent to a degree... put in a new corner light bumper lights, got my EX Wheels on which i scored for $30 or $40 i dont remember, got the tires free! Still waiting on some tires for my 17's and i need tuner lugs to put em on on jobless salary itll be some months.. ha

Stuff needed to be done.... Tint removal and interior work...

cant even barely see out the back window...

Comment

Working...
                              X