Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 93 CB7... the beginning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apexbender View Post
    Thank you buzz11! It is a FL car, she was always serviced at a Honda dealership in Orlando... when my wife bought her (in 2005) even the battery was Honda! She is in good condition but, A/C is out of service and the auto tranny is almost gone, it is not slipping but I've only got either 2nd and 4th, or 1st and 3rd, it depends on how she is feeling that day!
    Tranny is not bad, your TCU is! Pull it out and open her up, I'll bet you have a few fried electronics on board. If the damage is beyond the two resistors and the electrolytic capacitors, just get a re-manufactured TCU because diagnosing the circuits gets cumbersome fast unless your an electronics technician.

I am thinking of either a pearl white paint job or a black matte wrap... what do you think?
    I'm all for stock colors, too bad the green is rare, maybe you have a house of colors that can color match? I am on the hunt for someone to do my Champagne Tan in stock color.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Thank you wildbill83, that's what I thought was the problem, but since I am doing the swap I didn't worry about it to much.

Comment

Smart man to cut out the computer, manual transmissions are more reliable and less technical and if you break them it is your fault, not a faulty computer, so a big plus in my book.

Are you going to drill your tranny mount or get a new one welded on? Keep us in the loop on how it goes!

Comment

I am a little obscured on the rear mount issue... the engine that I am going to buy have even the rear mount. It is a JDM H22A 92-96. I do have a F22 manual tranny too, and I've got the manual mount for that. I read something about the manual mount being 12-1/4" and the auto one is 13-3/4" What's the deal with that!?

Comment

Wild, I've seen way more Arcadia green Accords than any other color. But I think your Champagne tan is one of the most uncommon colors other than red(not burgandy) and black, respertively.

Comment

I love the 4dr AG accords

Comment

Hey wildbill83 the color of your CB is called Cashmere Silver Metallic if I am not mistaken. You can find touch up paint here http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...a&model=Accord

Comment

This is her without any customization.

Nice ride! Welcome to the forum from another newcomer! Can you tell me more about lowering your CB7? Cost? Difficulty? What did you learn? Any advice for me in lowering mine? Thanks

Comment

Yes man no problem... The first thing you should do is look up in the suspension section on parts and performance threads. There is so many setups you could go with depending on what kind of driving you will be doing (drag, solo, time attack, etc...) and the size of your figurative wallet (if you have monies or not or on a budget). Do your research, you'll be glad you did. Reading the post will give you a very good idea on what setup you will need, and a very good sense of what not to do (like cutting or torching your springs). I hope this information is as useful as it has been to me. If you haven't, read the Forum Rules, that's a good start. PEACE!

Comment

Hey wildbill83 the color of your CB is called Cashmere Silver Metallic if I am not mistaken. You can find touch up paint here http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...a&model=Accord
                      Thanks!

Comment

mikedprice, your cb is clean... definitely could use a few inches less on those wheel well gaps, I like that color too.

Comment

Yes, I am buying an H23A VTEC and an H22 tranny...
                          Here is a thread that I started in the beginner section (I'm under 30 post)
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193284
                          You will love that motor. I have one in my CB7 now.
                          H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Do you have the H23/H22 setup? Did you do it yourself? Where did you buy it?

Comment

Do you have the H23/H22 setup? Did you do it yourself? Where did you buy it?
                              I have an H23A Blue Top in mine now. Got it from Tiger Japanese but I would recommend purchasing either from a local company to you or HMO. I did do the install with another friend. Was very straight forward. Retained most of my F series stuff like the tranny and axles.
                              H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                Wow, that is immaculate. It's only 99% stock....it already has amber corners.
                                no kidding!
                                super nice man what plans you got for it?
                                Accord SE

93se
                                Members Ride
                                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                                Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Working...
                                X