Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cassette player not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cassette player not working

Like the title says it doesn't work I'm only bummed cause I'm trying to keep the car as stock as possible right now till my funds get right. So my question is if the cassette doesn't take does this mean it's shot? Also the radio some what works, it picks up a station sounds fine for a couple of minutes then just goes quiet. Any ideas other than buying a after market receiver?

blow in it like an old nintendo game.

get a cassette player cleaning kit.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
      blow in it like an old nintendo game.
      That's what she said.

Originally posted by 512_CB7 View Post
      So my question is if the cassette doesn't take does this mean it's shot?
      What exactly is happening - or not happening.
      Does the tape still go in and stay in? does the tape actually spin?
      How's your antenna?

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Also the radio some what works, it picks up a station sounds fine for a couple of minutes then just goes quiet. Any ideas other than buying a after market receiver?
        About this, I have my antenna shaved off and I still get radio stations that sound perfect, but I do have an aftermarket head unit

Comment

When I place the tape in the radio station numbers go blank but the tape will not stay in. And the antena is a $8 one from wal mart the stock one was broken off before I purchased the vehicle.

Comment

look around in the j/y"s. you will find a still working cassette deck that will still work and be very cheap.
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Finding a used stock one will not work unless he gets the code to unlock it as well.

Comment

Try opening it up and cleaning it. May have debris or dust interfering with its operation. Its broken anyway what do have to lose.

Alternatively as mentioned above get an oem one from the jy. Ask them to retrieve the code from honda. Since they are the legitimate owner of the source vehicle they should be able to get it.
                Rides:

Accord
                92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

i hate those anti theft codes. OP, i think at this point, although money might be a factor, unless you absolutely love the sound of cassettes or something, just upgrade to some cheaper CD deck. CD's are even becoming obsolete so they are super cheap anyways.

Comment

Just get one from the JY and get the code by either taking it up to the dealership or call them and give them the serial over the phone. I've done it plenty of times, dealerships usually are cool about it being that its a cassette deck out of a 20 year old car. Not too many thieves out there looking for those.

Comment

I didnt even think about the security code! well there goes that idea. And Ive seen some aftermarket cd players on cl for like $50 but Im just not ready to buy one, kinda wanna keep it stock for a little while longer.

Comment

I didnt even think about the security code! well there goes that idea.
                        What are you talking about, I just told you how to get the code.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                          Finding a used stock one will not work unless he gets the code to unlock it as well.
                          Only the premium stereo and Bose systems have a lock code. If there is not a labeled security light then there is no unlock code.

Good luck finding a working tape deck in the junk yard. I say go to the pawn shop if cash is tight. Where do you even get cassettes to play these days?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                            Only the premium stereo and Bose systems have a lock code. If there is not a labeled security light then there is no unlock code.

Good luck finding a working tape deck in the junk yard. I say go to the pawn shop if cash is tight. Where do you even get cassettes to play these days?
                            Over where I am all honda cars from 94 95 have security codes but good point you can still source uncoded stereos. OEM are made by the same reputable makers as after market ones so quality isnt very bad at all that is brand makers such as Kenwood Pioneer Panasonic and the like. You can still fit amps and subs to these if you want anyway should you want more.

As they still continued installing them through out the 90 & 2000 at the height of cds you can see plenty of examples with little to no cassette use meaning its still squeaky clean inside and the head is shiny new when you flip the door open.

Its not that you will source and play a cassette with music in there but you use it as an auxilliary input with a adapter for playing your ipod or any device, no need to have a fm transmitter or usb input. Music pick up is amizingly clear and consistant as its near cd quality since its essentially no magnetic degradation or contact loss as you do in tapes. No interference and you have perfect reception unlike fm transmitters. Try it and see what I mean.
                            Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM.
                            Rides:

Accord
                            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

My mom's 2006 CRV has a cassette and CD combo player. She still listens to cassettes sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X