Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car just died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car just died

So im driving home waiting in traffic car just dies. It took a couple trys to start it and it finally did. Made it down the road a couple miles clock and gauges go out and it keeps driving also the radio stayed on while everything else died, but car kept moving still had throttle response. Gauges and clock kept going on and off a couple times then it finally died! And now wont start but the radio still does. Any ideas? Im stuck waiting for a buddy to show up.
    I changed out the main relay under the dash about a month and a half ago, also got a aftermarket radio. No wire cutting I bought the install kit and that was a month ago and been driving fine since.

It also cranks up to about 1k then just dies wont stay on.

Comment

Either a bad ground, bad connection on fuse box, bad connection on ECU, bad fuse, or low charge on battery. Be careful, it could be a ton of things and it can also take out other items when there is a bad connection. Any CEL?

Keep Austin wierd!
      Last edited by wildBill83; 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

So when you turn the car on it dies immediately after? But the radio and lights work when you turn on the accessories? Try this....turn it on, but when you let the key go back don't let it go all the way. Keep it in between position II and III(You will have to hold it in place physically). If the car stays on, it's your ignition switch.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

But his clock is cutting out like the switch is in the off position, my clock stays on in the ACC. Also his radio should go out with the clock if it was the ignition, should it not?

Comment

He hasn't elaborated enough about his clock, he only mentioned it going out while driving. He didn't mention if it cut on with the radio.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              He hasn't elaborated enough about his clock, he only mentioned it going out while driving. He didn't mention if it cut on with the radio.
              "radio stayed on while everything else died"

I assume this means the gauges and clock too?!

Comment

Mines doing the same...reads 10v(just replaced the alt with a new one a few months ago) so I am gonnna get that and my battery tested.
                1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Sorry bout the late post. I checked the fuses under the dash and hood everything is good on them. Tried the ignition thing and If I keep the key pushed all the way forward for the car to stay on and it stays running. But as soon as I let the key go it dies. So maybe the ignition switch? I plan on going to a junkyard tomorrow to look around and hope that's the problem. I called oreilly and autozone $286 and 3something at autozone.

Comment

Rockauto.com man.. I had a buddy order one on there for less than 40 bucks for the electrical part.

Comment

Man that's cheap im gonna have to look into it if the junkyard don't work out. Kinda need my car working by Monday.

Comment

i changed my accord's ignition switch with new one from auto zone priced around $50.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

JY ignition won't come with keys will it?

Comment

I had the same issue either a bad ground usually when they get all dry rotted because the car is really old it will fry out. Then it will wither away like bad leaves. Now for the other issue I would definitely check the altenator. usually when they are that bad they will take a shit on you.

Comment

The junkyard one wont but my cousin can change out the tumblers on it so I can use my key for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X