Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Herroh cb7tuner. Im new afff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herroh cb7tuner. Im new afff

Im a total noob. Well... Not a total noob but I have a lottt to learn.
    Sooo, heres my pitch.

I was in the lifted truck scene for a while (i blame where i grew up), long story short around the end of 2012 i was ready for a change. So I traded my truck on a whim for some beat down civic with b20 swap in it because I didnt know any better. Some months and about 1000 bucks later I come to find some hidden structural issues. Sold that and now Ive got myself a much more sound project (or I hope so at least). Cb9 wagon for my daily, shes super ugly though so I wont post her up lol.

Its got an h23 with an h22 vtec head. Stage 2 Crower cams, gutted manifold and plenum, 450cc injectors, and its sittin on koni yellows.

Where Im at right now; Straightened out my core support, New radiator and slim fans, addressed some vacuum leaks, and bad spark plugs, Im going to try puttin factory injectors on it and see if it helps it not flood out so we can get it to idle. We've played with the distributor timing a little bit, if the injectors dont work im gonna play with the cam timing. Right now theres still alot that Im unsure of. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

I see no wagon.....

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I said I wasnt gonna post the wagon haha. Shes ugly and stock af. I just picked it up so i could have a daily for the time being

Comment

Swap that shit frankenstein engine out for something good, and you've got yourself a nice car.

Comment

You no likes mah frankenstein?

Comment

Unreliable, not functional... not to mention that gutted intake manifold is crap. 450cc injectors are overdoing it, even for the Crower Stage 2 cams (the only thing out of the whole engine worth a damn.)

Sorry, I used to be nice... but then I got old and grumpy.
            Those "creative" engines are fine if the car is a toy, which this one seems to be... but they're not effective combinations.

Comment

So you bought TWO accords?

Comment

Well... you guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome. lol... anything constructive for me? Like what i can to do make it more reliable? And something that doesnt just sound like $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                  So you bought TWO accords?
                  Yes... Seperate transactions but yes. I bought the one pictured, not realizing how much work it was gonna require to be road worthy, and picked up the stock wagon for cheap for the time being

Comment

If you want it to be reliable, replace that engine with a proper F22A or H22A. The Stage 2 cams can be used, provided you have upgraded valvesprings. Get a proper intake manifold, not that gutted shit that kills your low end (isn't that the whole purpose of the "big" H23 block, afterall?) Use injectors properly sized for your application... and if they're larger than necessary, you'll need a tunable ECU (no stock ECU is going to run an engine correctly on larger injectors.)

And I said you had a nice car! Just that your engine sucked
                    Not attacking. Just being honest. I've seen far too many noobs come in here all excited about their frankenstein engines, and then disappear with a "this car sucks! I'm going back to Civics!" when they blow up. And they ALWAYS blow up.

Comment

Dont get me wrong any help/advice is gonna be taken into consideration. Im just trying to work with what ive got so to speak. So not to be a smart ass or ill-informed, but my buddy thats been helping me with the whole ordeal had said that he read up on the gutted intake thing before i made the final decision to buy the car, and that it made like 10 more hp than just the stock one. And i do have a programmable ecu i just havent taken it to the tune shop because i want to address as much as i can myself before i pay out the ass for a shop to do it

Comment

Comment

thank you... i needed that. haha

Comment

Mike, how is an H-series head on an H-series block a "frank"? Don't you have to do some inter-series mating to make it so?
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

To the OP: With the combination of parts you are running; stock (?) H23 block and pistons, higher lift cams, and the big injectors, you defiantly need to tune the car.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X