Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel rubbing sway bar endlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel rubbing sway bar endlink

It only happens in reverse with the steering locked to the right, doesnt do it on the left side. Car had new control arms, ball joints and outer tie rods. Plus a rotor over hub conversion with 94 prelude vtec breaks and wheels, all parts were new ither than wheels.

I did the ghten everything to spec was thbthebtires on the ground. Car also always seems tonwander tonthe left and wont align into spec on the right side, front and rear

Is the picture taken with vertical straight up? Take a photo further back to give us a better overall picture - something looks screwy with the angle of link. Any accident damage (like hitting a curb)?

Quick check: Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock counting the turns, based on that center the steering wheel as best you can for what should be straight ahead, then check to see if the wheels are pointing straight ahead. The right side outer tie rod may be adjusted shorter than the left side tie rod such that the rack isn't centered when the wheel is. If the wheels are pointed a little to the right, to preserve the alignment you have between the front wheels, you can adjust the outer tie rods an equal number of turns, out on the right side, in on left side to correct the relationship between the wheels and the steering wheel/rack.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-09-2018, 07:43 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Best pics i can get right now, wheel doesnt touch when lifted with a jack and its in dirt. I also flipped the link thinking that would help but it didnt

Comment

What rims are you running? I bet it’s the offset of the rim.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

95 prelude si wheels with 5mm spacers
          Last edited by joey_crandall; 07-09-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

How much clearance is there on the left side when turned all the way to the left? How many threads are exposed on the inner tie rod on the left side vs. the right?
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What is interesting to me is how you say it only rubs when in reverse, check radius rods or something loose that allows the wheel to change angle when in reverse thus allowing it to touch. I think if it was wheel offset it will cause rubbing ALL the time, also did you use the correct end link kit for the car? Go thru everything as we sometimes make mistakes, I once forgot to tighten my lugnuts and got on the freeway to a hellish vibration and thumping sound; glad I didn't kill myself or someone else but this goes to shot that mistakes happen.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

It didthe same thing before replacing the endlink and radius rod bushings. The link is from autozone, and I just bought the energy suspension universal bushings

Comment

Do you know if the car had previous damage on that side?
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Not that i know of, it is salvage title due to theft. But ive been under it and havent seen anything out of the ordinary

Comment

Bringing this back from the dead, couldn’t figure this out and took it to les schwab today, they told me my rack is off center and my tie rods are adjusted to compensate for this, is this possible seeing how the steering is the same amount of turns from center to left and right.

My right tie rod is adjusted all the way in and the left is adjusted all the way out.

No I haven’t been driving the car unless I’m testing

Comment

Yes that is possible. I would take a look at your inner tie rods and see if the rack n pinion is shifted one way or the other. Was the car ever in a wreck that you know of? If the tie rods are off then that could bring the wheel closer to the sway bar. The amounts of turns to go from one side to the other won’t change either way because the pinion has a pre set movement. What makes the wheel travel more are your tie rods. I would again look at inner and outer tie rods.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-15-2018, 08:42 PM.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

All tie rod ends are new, the right is adjusted all the way in and the left all the way out, it turns way farther to the right side as well, I actually didn’t notice that till the shop said something, on a face book group someone said to center the steering wheel, undo the column to rack joint, adjust the tie rods the same the center the wheels and re connect the column joint... I’ll do this then hopefully it’ll be fine and an can get it aligned for the last time,

the car was a theft recovery at one point and the previous owner worked at a junkyard... so who know what was done

Comment

I would try to look at this vehicle while its on a lift or jacked up as high as you can safely go, then check basic lines of symmetry and evenness just to see if anything appears damaged or bent up, frame rails, cross member, etc... That'd be my approach, then go from there

Comment

That’s a good idea, I’ll have to see if my friend can use the shop he works at on a weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X