Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black interior, maroon carpet; has anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black interior, maroon carpet; has anyone done this?

This car's been sitting on CL for a while and I finally clicked it for a better look. Seeing the (brand new) maroon carpet against the black dash, it reminds me of the ITR interiors I see around the RSX community all the time. The tan seats throwing in a third color is a bit weird, but it's got me curious what the maroon carpet looks like against an otherwise all-black interior, maybe with the door inserts also swapped out for maroon. It's probably a long shot, since doing some basic searching isn't turning anything up, but maybe someone else remembers it being done and can redirect me? At least in these photos, this shade looks less tacky than the bright OEM Type R red. If you've seen my build thread, you'll have seen the "Aero-R" emblem I had made for the wagon I'll be getting for my engine; I'm going after an OEM Type R/Euro R-inspired sport-luxury theme with that car, and I think this might fit that perfectly. It's got me a bit excited; I've always hated the maroon interior, but seeing it in this new way makes it look like a really nice color!

Accord Aero-R

I like the fact that it is new/clean, but it wouldn't be my first choice for color.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

nope, still ugly

Just not a fan. Like "big bird yellow", nope. But to each their own. Like the 70's brown color too, just... naa.

Comment

The dash is throwing it off. I think black interior like you said with s2k seats or rsx seat would make this look work. It’s funny I actually like the marroon interior. It’s very era specific. But it could be just because I have marroon interior and it’s grown on me. I would love to do black but to me the cost doesn’t put weight the desire or at least right now.

I think the fact that the exterior is red helps as well.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I've got a maroon dash for it.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The black is what I'd do, though. I was hoping someone had done a full black interior, just with a maroon carpet. The tan and maroon don't work together at all for me, so I'm having to block everything but the dash and a bit of carpet with my hand and try to visualize it, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have multiple sets of black SE sedan panels. I also have a set of OG type-D red leather inserts. I could build that setup. I don’t think it would look bad either. I’ve seen type-D red panels with the SE type-A black leather inserts also. I actually like the red too. That’s one thing I love about CB interiors. You got multiple color choices. Original two tone in a CB is obscure but still happened. I’ve personally seen it twice.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I should have saved those Craigslist photos. But this Prelude interior actually looks pretty sweet, imo.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-09-2020, 08:52 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Reminds me of my old 94 mustang with red and black interior.

Here is my interior currently. I am in the middle of going all black. But this is with faded mates and a stain. I can remove the mats so you can see the carpet only with the black dash and center console.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-09-2020, 09:47 AM.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Here is my interior currently.
                    I'm only just now seeing this, thanks. I'm really liking that. Imagining the doors as black with red inserts, I think this has decided it for me.

Anyone know if the sedan carpet is the same as the wagon? I know there'd be a gap under the back seat, but that wouldn't bother me. Everywhere else, though? Stockinteriors.com has maroon carpet available, and brand new would be nice. NH-503-P, hang onto those SE door panels, I'll be contacting you one day, haha. Too much else going on with the car right now though.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-07-2020, 11:44 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                    X