H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing the engine mounts.

Rivets holding bracket to frame. Used plasma cutter. Gouging technique. And grinder.

Driver side engine mount issue. Nut broke free to backing plate. Had to remove bracket from block (goes between block and mount) without removing the mount from the bracket. Took some thinking.

The fix for the nuts breaking free from the bracket between the block and the new mount.

Comment

Truck finished.

Camper shell I got.

Kats 80 watt battery heater. New 14x5 air cleaner in the background.

Oil filter, 3 to 1 cold weather outlet with lighted ends, G-Clamp camper shell clamps, battery heater, 300 watt Kats Magnum oil pan heater.

Comment

Pictures from my 1300 mile 25 hour journey. Was a long journey in this. Glad it made it.

Comment

At least you got a nice journey across our beautiful country! All the elbow grease and hard work that you put into the Ford certainly shows. Made a 1300 mile trip flawlessly, great job man!
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Awww, man, I miss those kinds of views. Great work on the truck! That twin beam front suspension is such a weird setup, like half IFS, half solid axle.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
              At least you got a nice journey across our beautiful country! All the elbow grease and hard work that you put into the Ford certainly shows. Made a 1300 mile trip flawlessly, great job man!
              It was quite the experience. Many very neat views along the way. Did this trip again twice this week. Once in the Talon to Missouri and once in the Accord back here. And thanks! It's appreciated for sure.

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              Awww, man, I miss those kinds of views. Great work on the truck! That twin beam front suspension is such a weird setup, like half IFS, half solid axle.
              Appreciated!

It's quite the oddball I think as well. I prefer a solid axle for simplicity but, I didn't engineer the truck. Dana 60 solid axles are a common swap for these. But just the used axle alone typically costs about $1000 or maybe a little more.

Comment

I start it every month of so. Drove it today for the first time in months.

I thought the poor idle was due to 6000+ feet elevation on a 1000ft tuned carb. Turned out it's a vacuum line or vacuum cap somewhere. I shut it off today after driving and heard a vacuum leak. Thought it was coolant spraying at first. Didn't find the vacuum leak but will when I get the time one day.

Comment

Watch in 1080p.

Comment

At work. A place to do simple repairs. Pretty helpful advantage.

Comment

This generation F series along with the previous one are by far my favorite, I grew up in a Ford family and will always have a certain fondness for the models i grew up around . The factory U joints are Spicer? I bought their solid non-greasable model recently because i kept hearing a clunk but turned out to be the "infamous" Chevy driveline clunk; a generous amount of marine grade grease on the slip yoke fixed the issue. A random question but are the top of the door panels toast? I remember as a kid getting yelled at very ofter for sitting there scratching the dryed up layers.
                      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                        This generation F series along with the previous one are by far my favorite, I grew up in a Ford family and will always have a certain fondness for the models i grew up around . The factory U joints are Spicer? I bought their solid non-greasable model recently because i kept hearing a clunk but turned out to be the "infamous" Chevy driveline clunk; a generous amount of marine grade grease on the slip yoke fixed the issue. A random question but are the top of the door panels toast? I remember as a kid getting yelled at very ofter for sitting there scratching the dryed up layers.
                        They aren't bad. I know what you are referring to as I've seen it. My dogs stand on them quite a bit. That's about the only scratches on them. They make replacements although mine are satisfactory to me.

I grew up with 70s model Fords. I guess that never leaves you. Kinda like what you stated.

Comment

Time for a minor tune up.

Being as I know it runs rich and therefore could use some new plugs I got a set of Autolite AP25 plugs.

Motorcraft FL1A oil filter and Valvoline Conventional 10w30 oil.

The plugs are old. They should've been changed out a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                            Time for a minor tune up.

Being as I know it runs rich and therefore could use some new plugs I got a set of Autolite AP25 plugs.

Motorcraft FL1A oil filter and Valvoline Conventional 10w30 oil.

The plugs are old. They should've been changed out a year ago.
                            Autolite over Motorcraft? I saw a mint F150 today while at work, same body style and long bed.
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                              Autolite over Motorcraft? I saw a mint F150 today while at work, same body style and long bed.
                              RockAuto didn't have but 6 Motorcrafts in stock.

There are some nice ones out there. A friend on here just picked up a 4spd 460 4x4 truck. Very nice body.

Comment

So, I drove this to down near the Arkansas Missouri state line around Branson Missouri where I'm from last week. I had the silver 93lx on a uhaul car trailer. Brought it down to my Dads and picked up the Corvette. It's about 400 miles down there 1 way. On the way back 65 miles from home I had a rear tire on the truck separate. Ended up getting the vette off the trailer and driving it home with the wife and two labs at 3:00am. Got home, picked up a floor jack and left the dogs home (they were happy) and headed back to the truck in the Corvette to remove the tire and wait for a tire shop in Mount Pleasant Iowa to open up. On the way back the Vette lost overdrive. Then once I got there I noticed I lost 2nd, reverse and overdrive. I removed the tire, left my floor jack there under the truck and limped the Corvette into Mount Pleasant Iowa to a tire shop to get a new tire. The store opened at 8:00am and I waited for two hours in the parking lot for them to open. They had one new tire that was $135. They mounted it and away we went in the Vette with the tire and wheel in my wife's lap. She was very uncomfortable but the Vette made it back to the trailer. We got the tire on the truck and the Vette on the trailer. And away we went by 9:00am.

A picture I took at about 5:30 am last Monday morning.

The tires were made in like 2006. So they're super old. Yesterday I bought a really nice set of tires. A little taller. 31's were stock and I bought 33's.

I got a set of Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's. 285/75R16. They were about $900 with a road hazard warranty.

This is what they look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X