Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake pad wear: Driver's side inner pad wearing faster than others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other factors to consider are weight distribution, you drive alone alot I'm betting, and driving style. More turns one way than the other. 1/8" difference is very good. Pads almost never wear perfectly evenly.

Comment

I do drive alone 99% of the time, and I corner hard... I'm pretty sure I take right turns harder than most left turns, because I once crashed turning left. I fight it, but I can still feel myself hesitate a bit (if any of you ever compete against me on a track, there's my weakness!)

Comment

When is the last time you changed your brake fluid and done a brake line replacement?Your brake line might be binding.

Comment

I see this all the time at work. For the cb tear the brakes down, use a drill bit one size below the bore of the caliper slide pins on the bracket. Use some pb blaster for lube, use the drill bit to take out any unwanted scale and debris(clean with brake clean when done).Also use a wire brush on the brackets to remove brake dust and debris. I would also suggest getting a hardware kit from the parts store for about 25-35 bucks a side.(make sure you tell them you need the caliper slide pins and bolts, should come with new rubber boots). Use synthetic caliper grease and grease the slide pins, the tabs on the pads where they ride on the hardware and the back of the pads as well. For the fit i would recommend taking the slide pins out and cleaning them with a wire wheel as well as greasing and cleaning all the hardware. If your brakes are not properly cleaned and greased every time there done these are the problems that will follow.
          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

Thanks 92Inspire, I'll give that a shot. Probably when I do either my 5 lug conversion or my ROH conversion... whichever I end up doing.

ferenza, the Fit's fluid SHOULD have been changed last summer, but it looks like weak iced tea right now, so it's possible they didn't do it. I'll have to find the work order (granted, it's been 50,000 miles since that service, at least!) I'm thinking of doing a brake fluid change soon in that car.
            The CB7s is practically new. I had a new master cylinder installed very shortly before the car went down.

Comment

Working...
            X