No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to get a little more done to Lola last night.

I pushed it out of the garage and let it run for about 30 minutes letting all the fluids cycle and see if I have any leaks. After doing this I found a few things that need to be addressed.

- Rear motor mount (Ordered a new one from RockAuto last night. At idle to motor shakes a bit but when revved up a little it goes away. I believe this is because the rubber adjuster is making the mount stiff right now so it shakes at idle. Solenoid is broken on the mount.)

- Radiator cap leaks (Ordering a new one from the Honda dealer today.)

- Fan switch on thermostat housing dead (Will pull the working one off the F22A6 that came out of Lola, and eventually replace the one in the F22A6.)

Will do a few more tests like this and a few other tests before starting to drive it. Will post some pictures of the other progress I made later today.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

You are moving! I wasn't expecting that much progress. The FSB looks like it will really tighten things up.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        You are moving! I wasn't expecting that much progress. The FSB looks like it will really tighten things up.
        I feel like I've actually accomplished something finally. Or rather I've finally made it past this part of the project. I'm excited to drive it and see how it handles. While the FSB should tighten it up I'm more interested in seeing how the rear handles with the ST RSB and the Ultra Racing rear upper strut bar. Thanks again for the compliments.

Comment

So while browsing eBay I came across something I've wanted for a long time, but never got around to buying it. Well I found the entire conversion instead of just the control box. So I bought it for Lola.

Digital Climate Control Conversion 1

Digital Climate Control Conversion 2

I was leery of tackling this due to having to make all of my own harnesses, with no real documentation anywhere. This solved the problem even though it was a bit pricey. We'll just call it an early Christmas present.

Comment

I have been busy the last few nights, and haven't had a chance to update what has been done to the car. After running it out in the driveway for a good while the last couple of nights, I found a few more issues.

-Add 3 gallons of 91 octane gas and 4 oz of Seafoam to clean out the fuel lines and injectors
            -Plug wires 3 and 4 were reversed on the distributor fixed
            -Since it was misfiring the engine wasn't getting hot enough to open the thermostat. It now opens and cycles the fan's correctly.
            -Base idle set. Idles nicely at 770 rpm's
            -Working on setting ignition timing, but the paint was gone off the timing marks on the crank pulley (Repainted with gf's fingernail paint. So convenient, that there is a brush with it already.)
            -Got the transmission properly filled with ATF
            -Checked the spark plugs after fixing firing order (They look great.)
            -Went on a test drive around the neighbor hood. Just keeping it nice and slow nothing over 20 MPH. Transmission is shifting great, engine is running nice and smooth.

Dirty Hood 1

Dirty Hood 2

Cleaned Hood

Hood Installed 1

Hood Installed 2

Dented Hood (A truck backed into it while parked before I bought it. It also broke the headlight but I had a spare set laying around. It was replaced when shortly after the car came home.)

Hood Line with Fender

Drivers Fender Cleaned Up (Duct tape residue cleaned off.)

My Hands compared to Little Guys

Today I should get the ignition timing set, as well as anything else I can think of or find that needs to be wrapped up.

On Tuesday I should be receiving the Ultra Racing rear upper strut bar, and install it that night.
            Last edited by Rilas; 08-01-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I managed to get some more things wrapped up on Lola today. For whatever reason my timing light will not give me a reading on the timing of the car. So ignition timing still isn't set. Going to call a buddy and see if they have one I can borrow or want to help me out with it.

-Windows washed
              -Rims washed (This took quite awhile due to all of them having axle grease built up on the inside of them. I probably worked on this for 3-5 hours, I lost track after about 2.5 tires.)
              -Tires aired up (Had to take them 2 at a time down to the gas station and top them off.)
              -Wiper blades installed
              -ABS computer and relays removed
              -Trunk cleaned up and mostly vacuumed out
              -Clock installed
              -Pine needles from all over the body vacuumed up
              -Cleaned license plate light covers on trunk (Almost absolutely no light was coming through.)
              -Tightened upper adjustable ball joint on passenger side, top locking nut not the castle nut (This was a bitch as I didn't have a wrench or cresent wrench big enough to do this. But I finally managed it after much suffering.)
              -Cleaned up socket for brake light in trunk, installed light (All brake lights work now.)
              -Transmission fluid drained (Glad I did this. The magnetic drain plug had crap all over it. I might do this again in a few more weeks. Just as extra insurance. This is the first time I've pulled the drain plug. The torque converter was drained and tons of ATF leaked out of the axle holes.)

Cleaned Rim Worst 1

Cleaned Rim Worst 2

Cleaned Rim Best

There might have been a few other items that got worked on today but I can't remember right now. I wanted to take it on another test drive tonight, now that all the tires aren't mush. It should handle much better, but I just didn't have enough time to get it out of the garage again today.
              Last edited by Rilas; 08-02-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I almost asked why you had grease on the inside of your window. Then realized you meant the rims. Nice work Will. Keep up the good work.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  I almost asked why you had grease on the inside of your window. Then realized you meant the rims. Nice work Will. Keep up the good work.
                  That's what I get for writing a post at midnight after a long day. I will modify it, thanks Nick.

Comment

Well after managing a few more maintenance items I got out and took Lola for a short drive, and while at it I took some pictures. I still have a few more things I want to check out on the car.

Did a compression test this morning and the results were good.

Cylinder 1 - 200 PSI
                    Cylinder 2 - 195 PSI
                    Cylinder 3 - 196 PSI
                    Cylinder 4 - 200 PSI

I took a trip over to Fort Missoula, which is maybe 1.5 miles away. Here are some of the pictures I snapped while there.

Fort Missoula Military Museum Sign

Tank in front of the Museum

Lola in front of Old Steam Train

Lola with Tank

Lola with Helicopter

Lola

Soon I will start moving parts over from the sedan, but now that I can take Lola out of the garage I need to focus on some other projects now. More updates to come though, just not quite as quick as they have been.

Comment

great build man! I enjoyed all the hard work and elbow grease you've put into it, as I've been there myself at one point in the past with one of my 4 accords, currently down to 2.

One suggestion about the washer placement for your ST sway bars.

they're supposed to be positioned like this:

)bushing-bar-bushing( not like (bushing-bar-bushing)

the bevel should point toward the bushings so they don't bind when tightened.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        great build man! I enjoyed all the hard work and elbow grease you've put into it, as I've been there myself at one point in the past with one of my 4 accords, currently down to 2.

One suggestion about the washer placement for your ST sway bars.

they're supposed to be positioned like this:

)bushing-bar-bushing( not like (bushing-bar-bushing)

the bevel should point toward the bushings so they don't bind when tightened.
                        Losiracer2 thanks for the compliments.

Actually I followed the diagram that came with the sway bar. If you look at the link below it's the same set of directions. Page 3 shows the end link like I have it installed.

http://www.stsuspensions.com/extras/...ont%20ASB).pdf

Comment

Yesterday the Ultra Racing rear strut bar came in. So I installed that, and since you have to take everything behind the back seat out, I put in the front part of the wagon storage compartment.

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 1

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 2

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 3

Ultra Racing Bar Installed from the Front

Ultra Racing Bar Installed from the Back

Soon the transferring of parts from the sedan to the coupe will commence.

Comment

Yesterday my new rear motor mount came in, so I decided I would swap them out. After having changed both manual rear motor mounts without having to mess with the T bracket. I can officially say that the auto one is a royal bitch! I had to unbolt the T bracket and somehow kinda jam it out of the way and work out the old mount. Then work the new one back in the same way. The removal of so much extra stuff was necessary it was unbelievable. Anyway the new motor mount is in! Now I just need to get a replacement solenoid for it at the junkyard next weekend.

Comment

this car is super nice. awesome attention to detail on this thing man. its cool you and your son can work on this together too.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

hmmm the way ST said to put the sway bar end links is weird. It just looks to unsafe with out the spacer and other washers.

I installed the rear Ultra Racing strut bar with my wagon compartment too. Your install looks clean. did you have to cut more to slide the bar through?

I tried to do it as clean as possible but yours looks better.

Comment

Working...
                                X