Build your own guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL.

Again, I NEVER said wood has no effect on sound or tone. It most certainly does. I have been playing for over 15 years.

My stagemaster has a Floyd rose setup and it is fine. I love that I can go ape shit on it and it stays in tune. Palm muting or feel never occurred to me, maybe because I am used to it. I do have to alter my hand placement a tad bit over a regular bridge setup but it just comes with the territory, I Don't mind.

And I guess if the kits are shit than maybe ill just hit up a pawn shop and try and find a good guitar to make better like you said.

I really want to get something Non-fender as I have 3 already.

If I could have anything it would be this-
    http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elect...-Les-Paul.aspx

I really want a Gibson and that is one of the nicest I have seen and with the hardware it is kind of a sleeper.

There was a cream colored one that is gorgeous but of course I can't find it now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
      Have you tried a high end ibanez? I consider the edges to be better than the Floyd Rose actually. Im a self aware ibanez fanboy but I mostly own fenders and an ltd nowadays. When I used to play more seriously all I had was RGs and still if I ever find a team j craft that doesnt cost as much as a motorcycle im buying it.
      Once I start making baller money, I'd want a 652.

Comment

Buy EMGs for their customer service, like damn.

Thing finally borked after 7 years. No tone unless I touch the jack ground. New pots, BUSS, battery, wiring, and jack... Sending out to EMG because the pickups probably took a shit. I have no clue what else it could be. The customer service from EMG is stupid great. The kind lady said they're going to test them, and if they're poo, they'll send me a new set. The things are five years past their warranty, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
          If you just want a cheaper solid guitar you cant go wrong with an agile brand sold at Rondomusic.com I have an interceptor with a GFS Floyd rose with one of their brass blocks and it sounds and plays amazingly.
          I actually have an Agile Les Paul double cut from like 2005 that I love playing. The pickups aren't exactly powerful (at least compared to the Duncan Invader in my strat copy) but it's a nice guitar to play. I bought it off a friend for $100 as I thought it was pretty. I wouldn't have a clue how different woods make things sound as 90% of my playing is with the gain and distortion way up.

Comment

I honestly can't tell the effect of different woods in electric guitars. The hardness of the neck wood, perhaps... but otherwise, it all sounds and feels the same to me!
            Acoustic guitars are the ones where I can tell the difference in wood.

I did always want to get into building guitars, though. I've never been an equipment guy. My Squier strat from 1992 is still 100% original, save for the strings.

Comment

Working...
            X