No announcement yet.

That dodge Demon tho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Deev, have you seen the new Lincoln Continental? Absolutely gorgeous car, and at least according to Matt Farah, it's got that old school American idea of comfort instead of the Nurburgring obsession every other luxury car these days has. Pretty decent interior, too. If were to get a "comfortable family car" (and could afford to drop $70k on one), that would be my choice.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    I get paid to evaluate and tune cars at 10/10ths on public roads and make sure they're safe a stable.
    I was already aware of what you do, so I do respect your input on chassis engineering. That said, I was careful not to touch on a subject I knew you know a lot more than I about.

...I've re-written this paragraph too many times trying to explain what you don't seem to be getting from what I'm saying. So I'll just say, "10/10ths is almost irrelevant to me. From what I've read/seen, the Challenger does not provide the drive I'm after, and I'm putting too much thought into wanting that body styling to be wrapped around a car that it isn't." Good enough.

Your opinion is cool and all, but the fact is most people able to drop 40-50k on a muscle car have families and they can't always afford an SUV and the muscle car. That's why we sell Chargers like crazy.
    ??? I'm not at all interested in the Charger. Conversation started from me basically saying I don't like the Challenger's style of performance given that it's a modern coupe, and compared to its competition. But since you brought that car up, I think it's wrong that the two cars share a platform.

Last year of the Challenger is 2018. No more updates. We will however be developing a "pony car" based off the Guillia platform. We will exceed the mustang capabilities and at least be on par with GMs Alpha platform (the new Camaro is the best muscle car on the market in regards to the driver)
    This is great news! I look forward to hearing more in the future - I'm sure you work under pretty strict NDAs, but when it's released through the press, at least.

And as far as the last comment, take a RWD car off equal weight and power and the RWD wins. I know both sides, if you follow my build thread I've invested serious dough in building a competitive track car. But I have to have more grip and more power than a RWD. It's all about the traction circle. A RWD ceteris peribus, has a much rounder circle.
    I was never under the delusion that FWD, on even power:weight footing, was better than (or even equal to) RWD. I just meant that putting real power through the front wheels these days without completely ruining the handling isn't nearly as true as it used to be. But then, you know that.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I do like the Continental. I dislike that Lincoln insists on putting nothing better than a turbo 6 in their flagship car, though. Especially a FWD-oriented one. It just doesn't do it for me. Granted, this is something Audi had great success doing, so I'm probably just being weird. I just long for a proper RWD V8 powered sport luxury vehicle from Lincoln. A followup to the glorious MKVIII would be fantastic! The Continental is impressive, and it really does have plenty of power... but to me, it's not yet to Cadillac's level (which still needs work.) It used to be Cadillac & Lincoln going head to head, while Chrysler was barely hanging on. Now, it's Cadillac, Chrysler, and Lincoln bringing up the rear in my eyes. Which is funny, because I feel Ford is the frontrunner in terms of overall vehicle quality among the Big 3! Lincoln just seems to have taken Mercury's place.

Comment

The Demon was made to go as fast as possible in a straight line.

9.65 in the quarter mile with a 5 / 60K warranty that doesn't cost at least a quarter million dollars? That was a pipe dream even a decade ago.

The car was built with one goal, go fast in a straight line. They crushed it. People who want a car fast around corners won't buy it. It's why in the 1960's when the muscle car market was in full swing, there was still a market for small European sports cars and then later the Japanese influx of the 240z / 510 / etc. Different goals for different people.

The shame is I bet a large number will do nothing but idle to and from car shows.

Comment

Paul Walker died, so Dodge took up the slack and gave Vin Diesel the 10 second car he asked for!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Paul Walker died, so Dodge took up the slack and gave Vin Diesel the 10 second car he asked for!
            The humor is dark with this one...
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I almost did it with memes...

Comment

Always a Salomondrin fan; they discuss it starting at 9:29:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The crazy thing is that even the govenor Mario Cuomo ripped down the block with this car and I'm like damn this car has touched everyone huh.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I almost did it with memes...
                    Savagery.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      Overrated. Ain't care.

My thoughts exactly. I'm too focused on daily life and my own stuff to care about bench racing someone else's car.

I was turned away from the Hellcat by the general attitude of those in the car community enough to have a slight bias against anything similar that comes out. The new Vette, Hellcat, Demon, Mustang, it doesn't matter. As soon as I see the first commercial or advertisement I'm already sick of hearing about it while it seems as though most of the car community already have their war hammers out.

The car is fast. Cool, let's enjoy it! But not so quick. It seems like that's not what it's about. Why does it always have to be so much more than that? Like, we get it. No need to bring out the scrolls. I feel like The Borg are trying to assimilate me or someone has my arm trying to get me to say uncle. I say this to be funny of course but... it's a pretty good description of my experience.

It's just the Hellcat all over again. Ooh's and Aah's. Then something else comes out and everyone's beating their drums again.*yawn*

But that's just me. I don't have to have the newest phone, the fastest car or be the quarterback. I'm not in it for a reason that would make such appease me. At this point big ego's in the car community make me wanna puke.

Arguing and boasting isn't my hobby. I just like cars man.

Comment

I agree with H311RA151N. They are so close in size, HP, weight that to me they're all pretty much the same. The camero/hellcat was an eye opener when it came out but now everyone and their grandma has one and I'm sick fo seeing them. Like ford coming out with a new mustang I don't even look anymore.

As for the HP, anyone with 400+ HP is breaking the law. Period. You're not grandma'n the thing your whole life. You probably broke the law the first drive home with it, haha. It's the reason for buying it. The cb7 I have now has 410HP and while it still makes me a little nervous sometimes I am use to it now. I now want more. As the HP increases you find roads, bends, and situations where this amount of HP comes in handy. Whether it's merging on to a busy highway and need the extra power in a blink of an eye or driving on a twisty uphill road.

I still remember driving up this on-ramp doing 60mph near the end of it, shoulder checked to find two 18-wheelers side by side (two lanes) with a crazy amount of cars behind them in both lanes. My choices were to slow down and try to merge in that mess, stop, or drop a gear and hammer time! I was thankful for the HP at that moment

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

As for the HP, anyone with 400+ HP is breaking the law. Period. You're not grandma'n the thing your whole life. You probably broke the law the first drive home with it, haha. It's the reason for buying it.
                          I broke the law a lot more in my old 150hp Neon than I ever have with an SRT or Hellcat. I constantly speed in my Jeep. Yea, a faster car can get you to break the law easier, but if you're the person to do it you're going to do it regardless of what you're driving.
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            And as far as the last comment, take a RWD car off equal weight and power and the RWD wins. I know both sides, if you follow my build thread I've invested serious dough in building a competitive track car. But I have to have more grip and more power than a RWD. It's all about the traction circle. A RWD ceteris peribus, has a much rounder circle.
                            Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            I was never under the delusion that FWD, on even power:weight footing, was better than (or even equal to) RWD. I just meant that putting real power through the front wheels these days without completely ruining the handling isn't nearly as true as it used to be. But then, you know that.

Weight figures found at Wiki, however accurate that might be. MR2 had to have been modified for that power. R32 GT-Rs, in reality, made about 324ps (320hp) at the crank.

ITR 200ps /~2400lbs depending on year = 12 lbs/ps
                            S14 K’s 220ps/2762lbs = 12.55 lbs/ps
                            MR2 GT-S 245ps/2777lbs = 11.33 lbs/ps
                            GC WRX 260ps/2734lbs = 10.51 lbs/ps
                            R32 GT-R “280ps”; real 324ps/3153lbs = 9.73 lbs/ps

Clearly there's more to performance than just power-to-weight.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ultimately, unless you're a competitive racer, it's all about what puts a smile on your face.

Comment

I'm about that dodge demon tho. For most of my life if I where to spend about 100 thousand doll hairs it's an amg. These have been the muscle car to me and basically sleepers. 99% of people don't know your cls runs 11's. I think that's NHRA illegal too without a helmet.
                                A wheelie though? Ok sold, Merica makes the best muscle car for the first time in 45 years.
                                ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
                                X